Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in Soft Robotics: Design and control of soft robotic systems for healthcare applications
Ongeveer 24 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
UCF invites applications for a motivated colleague at the level of Associate Professor Earth and Environmental Sciences. You are expected to develop the education and research line in the domain of earth system sciences and environmental studies, specifically with regard to inter
UCF invites applications for a motivated colleague at the level of Associate Professor Earth and Environmental Sciences. You are expected to develop the education and research line in the domain of earth system sciences and environmental studies, specifically with regard to interdisciplinary research integrating methods of the natural and social sciences to assess the connections between the global environment and human activities. Furthermore, you will coordinate, teach and develop courses in the Major Responsible Planet within the BSc Global Responsibility & Leadership. You will have the unique opportunity to combine education with research and shape the emerging research programme. Finally, we are highly committed to building a diverse and dynamic academic community in Leeuwarden, and we expect a similar commitment from all our academic staff.
The candidate will:
● lead the Major “Responsible Planet”, including teaching and developing the curriculum
● coordinate the evaluation and improvement of the major
● develop and manage the Earth and Environmental Sciences research line
● conduct research independently as well as together with student-researchers in his/her own domain of research as part of the UCF curriculum in so-called “living lab” projects
● supervise bachelor, master and PhD students
● acquire funding for new research activities and actively look for (international) partners to build consortia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with demonstrated research and teaching potential, demonstrated management/coordination skills, and a strong research background with a focus on human-nature interaction.
The ideal candidate has:
● a PhD in Earth Sciences, Environmental Studies, or a comparable domain
● the demonstrated capacity to initiate research and acquire funds to deliver research outcomes which are of interest both to science and to society
● a proven record of academic research as reflected in an established record of publications in leading scientific journals
● the demonstrated capacity to apply an inter- and transdisciplinary perspective to research and education
● the ability to coordinate educational activities and connect course-specific learning outcomes to the overall programme goals
● the capacity to teach bachelor students in small-scale settings and conduct research together with them in living lab settings, for example in our Data Research Centre, in your own area of expertise
● an international and proactive outlook fitting to a new and dynamic organisation;
● an international network of academic and non-academic partners
• excellent command of the English language, including good communication skills. Dutch language abilities would be an asset
• competences as persuasiveness, managing for results, environmental orientation and vision;
● a University Teaching Qualification, or the willingness to acquire this qualification within two years after the starting date.