Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Full / Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering - Dynamics and Vibration
You will create and chair a new research unit on Dynamics and Vibration. You will perform original research within this field of mechanical engineering. It is particularly encouraged that your research areas focus on a design and development approach to be utilized for possible a
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 7766 - € 7766 per maand
You will create and chair a new research unit on Dynamics and Vibration. You will perform original research within this field of mechanical engineering. It is particularly encouraged that your research areas focus on a design and development approach to be utilized for possible applications in advanced instrumentation, smart factory, and other relevant application areas. As chair of the new group, you will supervise associate and assistant professors and researchers affiliated with the Chair in their teaching and research. You will acquire funding for research, in particular by bringing in new PhD candidates, developing new research collaborations and new application areas.
You will also lecture, supervise research projects and practical courses in the Master Mechanical Engineering education and will take a leading role in further developing this new curriculum. You also teach in other educational programmes such as the Bachelor and Master degree programmes in Industrial Management and Engineering and/or Applied Physics. You will act as the supervisor of PhD students, who are embedded in the Groningen Graduate School of Science and Engineering. We expect you to have an active interest and to provide a positive contribution to the management and organizational tasks of the institute.
• you have a PhD degree in relevant areas such as mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or materials engineering and have expert knowledge of developments in the mentioned research field
• you are an internationally recognized top-level researcher, confirmed by publications in top international journals and with leading academic publishers
• you have experience in leading a research group, have shown capabilities in stimulating junior researchers and providing adequate supervision of PhD students
• you have a relevant international network and a proven track record in securing research funding
• you have teaching and organizational experience appropriate to your career stage
• you have excellent academic writing and presentation skills (in English)
• you have affinity with research at the interface of academia and industry, and with working in multidisciplinary teams.
• a team player with good communications skills
• prepared to fulfil the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
ConditionsThe appointment of Associate Professor will be a tenured appointment. The gross monthly salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, will be from € 4,815 up to a maximum of € 6,438 (salary scales 13/14 Dutch Universities) for a full-time position. There will be an assessment at the end of a 4-7 -years period for the promotion to full professor (for more information Career Paths in Science edition 3)
The appointment of Full Professor will be a tenured appointment. The gross monthly salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, will be from € 5,334 up to a maximum of € 7,766 (salary scale H2 Dutch Universities) for a full-time position.
In addition to the primary salary, the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
You may apply for this position until 4 July 23.59h / before 5 July 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on this advertisement on the University website).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
• a letter of motivation
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• a list of five self selected ‘best papers’
• a statement about teaching goals and experience and a description of scientific interest and plans
• the names of three references complete with title and contact information.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. J.M.A. Scherpen
Link to structure report
Career Paths in Science edition 3