Full Professor in Strategic Management (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen (FEB) has the ambition to develop impactful academic and applied research on strategic management and to educate its students to be prepared to be strategic decision actors in organizations. In order to attain t
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 8371 - € 8371 per maand
The Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen (FEB) has the ambition to develop impactful academic and applied research on strategic management and to educate its students to be prepared to be strategic decision actors in organizations. In order to attain this objective, the FEB Board aims at hiring a new full-time Full Professor in Strategic Management that will be embedded in the department of Innovation Management and Strategy (IM&S) and will collaborate with other FEB units and research programs of its Research School (SOM).
Positioning of the chair
The Strategic Management chair will be situated within the IM&S department, and the SOM research program on Innovation & Organization. The chair is expected to develop synergies with the already existing IM&S chairs on Innovation Management (de Faria), Information Management (Boonstra) and the chair by special appointment on Internet, Innovation and Strategy (Langley). The chair is also expected to develop an extensive academic and business network.
Short description of the department
The IM&S department comprises five Full Professors, 12 Associate Professors, 17 Assistant Professors, and 12 PhD students. It is a diverse department with around 48% international and 37% female staff members. The department contributes to programs at the (honours) bachelor’s, master’s, research master’s levels and to the PhD program of the research school SOM and is responsible for the coordination of four Master of Science tracks: Change Management, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Strategic Innovation Management, and Healthcare Management & Economics. The IM&S department covers a variety of interests and backgrounds, and embraces a number of different research approaches with a keen focus on academic quality in research and teaching. Its members focus on applied as well as fundamental research questions. Areas of research at the department include innovation, strategy, information systems, organization theory and entrepreneurship.
The position description reads as follows: Strategic Management. The chair (professor) will take a leading role in strengthening the research of the Innovation & Organization Research Program. The new professor is an outstanding researcher with a track record of top publications and PhD supervisions on topics related to strategic management. As a scholar of great promise, the chair is expected to develop the field of strategy and digital transformation within FEB and SOM and to build an academic group that will develop high quality and impactful research. The chair is expected to supervise PhD students and to apply for external funding for new positions. The new professor is also supposed to acquire other external research grants to consolidate her/his chair.
As to education, the new professor is a qualified teacher in the field of strategic management, innovation and digital transformation. She/he will provide education and demonstrate leadership and commitment to the development of the bachelor and (research) master programs in Business Administration.
● has a PhD degree in the field of Strategic Management
● has a track record of outstanding academic research and is an internationally recognized scholar in the field Strategic Management
● has excellent teaching abilities and experience in curriculum development
● is a collegial staff member with good communication skills
● is able to develop research and teaching activities that connect the field of Strategic Management to broader topics in the field of Innovation Management and Strategy
● has the ability to connect academic activities to practical challenges faced by organizations
● has a proven ability to acquire external funding
● has a wide, relevant national and international network
● provides leadership, motivation and supervision to other staff members and has strong management qualities, evidenced by previous management roles.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a full-time position as Full Professor with a salary from € 5,749 up to a maximum of € 8,371 (scale H2) gross per month (based on 1.0 FTE) depending of relevant experience and training
• a holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your gross yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
• favourable tax treatment may apply to Non-Dutch applicants.
Additional informationProf. P.C. Verhoef, Dean of the Faculty
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature