1 dag geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
Full Professor of Theory and History of Psychology (1.0 FTE)
We seek internationally-renowned applicants for a Full professor position in Theory and History of Psychology. She/he will manage the expertise group, including the supervision of its academic staff. She/he will contribute to the bachelor and master programme in courses related t
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 8127 - € 8127 per maand
We seek internationally-renowned applicants for a Full professor position in Theory and History of Psychology. She/he will manage the expertise group, including the supervision of its academic staff. She/he will contribute to the bachelor and master programme in courses related to the theory and history of psychology and in guiding thesis projects of students. She/he will also supervise internal and external PhD students, in cooperation with colleagues.
The new full professor will lead the expertise group by stimulating scholarly exchange of ideas and critical reflection, and by playing an active role in attracting funding. In doing so, she/he will also start up research projects, often in cooperation with other units, both within and outside the department. And she/he will act as an advocate of the importance of theoretical and historical reflection on psychology both nationally and internationally.
Candidates should have an excellent reputation in both research and education in a field relevant to Theory and History of Psychology, and must meet the criteria for Full professor laid out in the faculty’s tenure track policy.
We are looking especially for candidates who meet the following requirements:
• an internationally renowned expert in an area that will augment and extend the existing strengths of the group
• a PhD degree in a relevant area, such as Psychology, History of Science, Philosophy of Science, or Science and Technology Studies, with a focus on Theory and History of Psychology
• an outstanding publication record, both in terms of scholarship and in terms of public engagement and outreach
• affinity with the group’s unique and internationally-acknowledged scholarly vision (theory, history, and ethnography of psychology, psychiatry, and neuroscience)
• evidence of the ability to attract funding
• evidence of the successful supervision of PhD students
• excellent teaching skills and the ability to coordinate and develop new courses
• a team player with good communication skills
• good managerial and cooperation skills, including a willingness to engage with the group’s open organizational model of collaboration and consultation, in which responsibilities are shared between staff members
• excellent proficiency speaking and writing in English, and a willingness to learn Dutch.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting with € 5,582 to a maximum of € 8,127 gross per month (salary scale H2 Dutch Universities, based on full-time employment).
Secondary benefits, based on the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities are excellent in general and include e.g. a pension scheme, flexible employment conditions and salaries are supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8% and end-of-year bonus of 8.3% per year.
A more detailed description of the position (structuurrapport) is available on request: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting date: September 2019
Please send your application until 31 March 11:59pm / before 1 April 2019 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below the advertisement on the university website).
Your application should include your motivation, curriculum vitae and contact information of at least two academic references.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Kees Aarts, Dean of the faculty and Chair of the search committee
+31 50 3636180,
Prof. Ernestine Gordijn, Director of Research of Psychology
+31 50 3636395,