1 dag geleden - Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association
Lecturer Computer Science (1,0 FTE)
As the Computer Science field is rapidly growing and diversifying, we aim to incorporate such developments into our undergraduate Computer Science programme. At the same time, our number of students continuously increases, which demands the introduction of highly scalable teachin
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4757 - € 4757 per maand
As the Computer Science field is rapidly growing and diversifying, we aim to incorporate such developments into our undergraduate Computer Science programme. At the same time, our number of students continuously increases, which demands the introduction of highly scalable teaching instruments. Specifically, we are looking for a teacher who will develop, maintain, and deploy novel methods of education for various courses in Computer Science, making use of materials such as automated grading systems, online learning and practicing, interactive visual learning materials, video lecturing, and learning communities.
You will contribute to:
- the creation and delivery of new Computer Science courses and/or the refinement and modernization of existing ones
- lecturing, setting up lab materials (assignments, exercises, source code samples)
- setting up and implementing assessment materials (exams, assignments)
- recruitment, selection and management of teaching assistants
- supervision of students and teaching assistants on lab operations
- proposing research-oriented individual projects and supervising students who take them.
We seek candidates with:
- a PhD degree or a MSc degree in Computer Science
- experience in coding, setting up code projects, executing research-grade projects, and online/interactive material and tool creation
- teaching and organizational experience appropriate to the career stage
- excellent social and communicative skills.
- team players
- able to work independently and to take initiative
- fluent in English
- motivated and able to lecture on Computer Science topics
- stress resistant
- willing to fulfil the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers, depending on experience, a salary of minimum € 3,475 and maximum € 4,757 (salary level 11 Dutch Universities) gross per month by a full-time appointment (UFO profile “docent 3”). The appointment is initially for a year with the possibility for a one year extension after a positive performance evaluation.
You may apply for the positions until 30 July 23.59h / before 31 July 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. A.C. (Alex) Telea, Deputy Programme Director Computer Science (general information)
+31 50 3635106,