Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Lecturer Marketing (0.8-1.0 FTE)
The new lecturer is expected to strengthen the educational and research components of the Department of Marketing. Therefore, we seek candidates who are committed to excellence in teaching and research. Candidates from all sub-disciplines (quantitative marketing, strategy, consum
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5405 - € 5405 per maand
The new lecturer is expected to strengthen the educational and research components of the Department of Marketing. Therefore, we seek candidates who are committed to excellence in teaching and research. Candidates from all sub-disciplines (quantitative marketing, strategy, consumer research) are considered. We are looking for candidates with the ability to publish their work in international marketing journals. Distribution of time for teaching versus research is 70 vs 30% of the appointment. Thus, the main focus of this position is on teaching. Teaching by the lecturer will contribute to the overall teaching load of the Department of Marketing. Specific educational tasks will depend on the expertise and experience of the candidate.
• PhD or MSc degree in Marketing or a related discipline
• excellent teaching skills: the candidate is an enthusiastic and effective lecturer, has knowledge of didactics, and understanding of teaching and assessment methods
• University Teaching Qualification or willingness to obtain this qualification
• the candidate is a qualified scientific researcher and author of some (forthcoming) international publications in the area of Marketing or a related discipline
• proficiency in English
• the candidate has organizational qualities, is a team player and has excellent communication skills.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,475 gross per month (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 5,405 gross per month (salary scale 12) for a full-time position, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. A fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs, the 30% facility, may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this. In principle, the vacancy is a full-time position, but can be made between 0.8 and 1.0 FTE, in consultation with the candidate. The new lecturer will be appointed for a period of five years, on the condition of a positive evaluation in the second year of employment.
Starting date of the position is negotiable, but we anticipate that it will be between September 2018 and February 2019.
The University of Groningen provides a career advisory service for partners of new staff who move to Groningen. The University of Groningen is an equal opportunities employer. Because women are still underrepresented in a number of fields, they are particularly encouraged to apply.
You may apply for this position until 24 May 23.59 h / before 25 May 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Interested applicants should submit:
1. A motivation letter
2. A complete curriculum vitae
3. One letter of recommendation
4. Samples of relevant work.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Tammo H.A. Bijmolt, Head of the Marketing Department
Department of Marketing
Faculty of Economics and Business
Customer Insights Center