3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Lecturers in Media Studies (0.8-0.8 FTE)
Excellent research assessments, the launch of three new MA programmes and growing student numbers enable the Department of Media Studies and Journalism to hire a lecturer to teach first and second year courses in the BA program of Media Studies and to supervise BA theses. Experti
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 30 uur
- € 4474 - € 4474 per maand
Excellent research assessments, the launch of three new MA programmes and growing student numbers enable the Department of Media Studies and Journalism to hire a lecturer to teach first and second year courses in the BA program of Media Studies and to supervise BA theses. Expertise in media, politics and democracy and/or media theory is a competitive advantage, but the position is open to candidates with a wide range of research interests and theoretical and methodological expertise in media studies.
The international, English-taught BA programme in Media Studies focuses on the social and informative functions of media. It is rooted in the humanities but also draws upon methods and paradigms developed in the social sciences and other disciplines. The degree aims to provide students with a thorough understanding of the affordances of different platforms and the interplay between them; the political and economic underpinnings of media systems; patterns of use, production and content; and the functions and impact of media in culture and society. Throughout the curriculum it provides a comparative perspective by studying media in their cultural, historical, economic, political and international contexts. The programme has an annual enrolment of 120 students from all parts of the world.
Our BA programme ranks first among all Media Studies programmes in the Netherlands in the national student survey. Teaching and supervision is in English.
The successful candidate will:
• have a PhD - or be in the final stages of your PhD - in Media Studies, Communication Studies, or related fields
• have the ability to teach a wide variety of quantitative and/or qualitative methods
• have excellent command of English (at least CEFR B2/C1 level for reading, listening, writing and speaking).
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 2,836 to a maximum of € 4,474 (salary scale 10) gross per month for a full-time position
• 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
• participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants
• an appointment on a fixed-term basis of six months from 1 February 2022 to 31 July 2022, with the possibility of a two-year extension dependent on the needs of the program.
The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for the University of Groningen (Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities, available in English at: https://www.vsnu.nl).
Additional informationDr Susan Aasman, Associate Professor of Media and Journalism Studies
+31 50 3634648
Drs. Miralda Meulman, Degree programme coordinator (about the formal procedure)
+31 50 3638950