3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD in introduction of a new innovative technology into clinical practice
Lapvas-Imaging is a platform technology that enables the real-time visualization of perfusion. Recently, it has been applied in colon resections as a first-in-human laparoscopic perfusion measurement using laser speckle imaging. However, the clinical applications span much wider
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3111 - € 3111 per maand
Lapvas-Imaging is a platform technology that enables the real-time visualization of perfusion. Recently, it has been applied in colon resections as a first-in-human laparoscopic perfusion measurement using laser speckle imaging. However, the clinical applications span much wider than solely colon resections. We are looking for a PhD candidate who will be exploring new clinical applications for Lapvas-Imaging. You will be working in close co-operation with the Lapvas-Imaging development team/co-production towards product development in order to expand the clinical applications. These studies contribute to prevention of unwanted medical complications and reduction of healthcare costs.
We are looking for candidates that are looking for a PhD position which includes working at both the industry and academia side of research and development. Candidates preferably have a Master degree in Biomedical Engineering, technical medicine or similar engineering degree with an affinity for the development of a high-tech medical device and running clinical trials. The candidate must speak Dutch and good verbal and write communication skills in English are mandatory.
Scope of the research
You will be introducing new innovative technologies into clinical practice and perform (pre-)clinical studies. The aim of this research project is to study the reduction of anastomotic leakage in colon surgery and esophageal resections. Furthermore, we want to explore the possibilities in other fields of surgery.
Responsibilities and tasks therefore include:
- preparation and conduction of clinical trials
- strong contribution to product development in R&D team towards next steps of Lapvas-Imaging.
- performing analysis of the acquired data
- preparation of scientific articles and conference contributions/ participating in scientific conferences.
- highly developed conceptual capacity and analytical skills
- very good record of undergraduate and graduate studies
- very good individual and collaborative working skills
- presenting, planning and organizational skills
- strong motivation to complete a PhD dissertation in four years
- research experience is an asset
- very good command of spoken and written English.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary of € 2,434 gross per month in the first year to a maximum of € 3,111 gross per month in the final year (salary scale Dutch Universities), based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
- a 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end of the year bonus.
The position is offered for four years. A successful candidate will first be offered a temporary position of one year with the option of renewal for another three years. Prolongation of the contract is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year to indicate that a successful completion of the PhD thesis within the contract period is to be expected.
A PhD training program is part of the agreement and the successful candidate will be enrolled in the Graduate School of the Faculty. As part of the program, the PhD researcher will take part in the Career Perspectives Series, which provides a thorough preparation on the career after the PhD, inside or outside academia. During the course of the doctorate, the PhD researcher will develop research and teaching competencies as well as leadership skills. For this, the PhD researcher will receive a tailor-made programme from the GSCF.
Additional informationIr. Wido Heeman, supervisor of the project
Dr Tim van Zutphen, supervisor of the project