Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD position Insect Behaviour and Welfare (1.0 FTE)
We are looking for a talented PhD candidate in the field of insect behaviour and welfare. You will develop a behavioural protocol and monitoring tools for measuring insect (black soldier fly, housefly) well-being and assess the effects of stress on insect behaviour. The research
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
We are looking for a talented PhD candidate in the field of insect behaviour and welfare. You will develop a behavioural protocol and monitoring tools for measuring insect (black soldier fly, housefly) well-being and assess the effects of stress on insect behaviour. The research will be closely connected to that of a PhD student and postdoc at the University of Groningen and a postdoc at Wageningen University. The project is linked to those of other PhD students in the overall research programme.
- enthusiastic, proactive, like to work in a multidisciplinary team and have excellent communication skills
- a MSc degree in Biology, Plant Sciences or Animal Sciences or a relevant field.
- experience in recording of insect behaviour and manipulative experimentation with insects and statistical analyses of complex datasets
- curiosity driven and passionate about fundamental research in the context of working towards sustainable food and feed production
- strongly motivated to obtain a PhD degree
- a team player, willing to work with a diverse group of researchers, technicians and project stakeholders.
- strong communication skills and are proficient in the English language.
Our PhD students are encouraged to supervise MSc thesis students when such opportunities arise and you will be involved in some teaching activities.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a full-time position (1.0 FTE), initially for 1 year after which a go/no go decision will be taken on extension with another three years
- gross salary per month € 2325,- in the first year rising to € 2972,- per month in the fourth year, including a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus, for a fulltime appointment.
You will be based at the Groningen Institute for Evolutionary Life Sciences at the University of Groningen.
Additional informationJoana Falcao Salles