1 dag geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
The Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA), one of the six research schools of the Faculty of Humanities, currently has a vacant postdoctoral position …
Nowadays it is clear that big data, artificial intelligence, and Internet-of-Things are not only for large companies. In the last years, public bodies throughout the world have started embracing data-driven technologies and predictive analytics. Smart cities, in particular, harne
Nowadays it is clear that big data, artificial intelligence, and Internet-of-Things are not only for large companies. In the last years, public bodies throughout the world have started embracing data-driven technologies and predictive analytics. Smart cities, in particular, harness different technologies to improve traffic, curb energy consumption, and monitor public safety. Nevertheless, the implementation of these disruptive technologies is problematic. Public bodies often resort to private parties who collect and process citizen data, develop technological solutions and assist them in the implementation of technology in core areas of the public interest (e.g., social services). This PhD project will focus on the comparative study of the relationship between public and private bodies in the context of the growing digitization of public services. Applicants are expected to design their own research proposal along the lines of this description and submit a brief research proposal (max. 2,000 words including reference list).
The doctoral thesis may be written as a monograph or as a collection of articles which have been submitted and accepted for publication by international peer-reviewed journals, according to faculty regulations. The PhD candidate is expected to attend, present in, and contribute to the organization of international symposia and conferences. The PhD candidate will also have limited teaching obligations.
The candidate will be expected to participate actively in the Department of Constitutional Law, Administrative Law and Public Administration.
• LLM (or in the final phase of an LLM) with excellent grades in and knowledge of Administrative Law
• affinity with Law and Technology
• interest in and affinity with legal scientific research
• a background in legal practice and/or publications would be an advantage
• excellent knowledge of English (written and oral); working knowledge of other major languages would be an advantage
• excellent communication and writing skills
• demonstrable competences: presenting, monitoring, flexibility, independence, analytical skills; networking skills ability to incorporate feedback.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature