1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Post-doc Measurement and Economics of Structural Transformation (1.0 FTE)
The postdoc position is part of a project on structural transformation and economic development, with an emphasis on work for low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The aim of this project is to better understand how trends in technology, globalizatio
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
The postdoc position is part of a project on structural transformation and economic development, with an emphasis on work for low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The aim of this project is to better understand how trends in technology, globalization and economic policy impact the structure of these economies and whether this helps or hinders economic development. This project fits in the tradition of our Centre in combining careful economic measurement with thorough analysis.
You will contribute to this project by developing a new Sectoral Database for developing countries, in collaboration with other GGDC researchers and supported by research assistants. This requires careful scrutiny and combination of official data sources, to ensure consistency with country National Accounts and comparability across countries and over time, while accounting for the specific characteristics of individual countries’ economic structures and labour markets. This work also requires an ability to do research in a well-structured, transparent and well-documented fashion, to allow a team of people to work together. Supporting new research assistants in developing the analytical tools to contribute to this project is another element of this work.
You are encouraged to develop your own research agenda, which is ideally complementary to the project and can be done in collaboration with other colleagues. You will also be involved in the teaching activities of GGDC researchers that are complementary to the theme of this project. Finally, you may be involved in general support of the GGDC’s activities, for instance in maintaining the Centre’s website.
We encourage you to apply if you meet (or are about to meet) the next qualifications:
• you have a PhD in (Development) Economics (please note that you are also invited to apply if you will defend your PhD not later than 1 September 2020)
• you have a promising academic record as evidenced by your CV and publications or working papers
• you have demonstrated competence for economic measurement and
• affinity with or experience in team research
• you possess good communication skills (English) and value teamwork.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a starting salary depending on qualifications and work experience between € 2,709 (salary scale 10) and € 4,978 gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a full-time position. Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants
• a holiday allowance of 8% annual income
• an 8.3% year-end bonus
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• a full-time (1.0 FTE) appointment on temporary basis for a period of three years.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Additional informationProf. Robert Inklaar
Dr Gaaitzen de Vries
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature