Ongeveer 5 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Post-doctoral Fellowship in Computer Science (1.0 FTE)
We are seeking for a candidate who can be embedded in, and contribute to, research in software engineering. Relevant research aspects include but are not limited to software architecture, software maintenance and evolution, requirements engineering, software analytics, software t
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 3637 per maand
We are seeking for a candidate who can be embedded in, and contribute to, research in software engineering. Relevant research aspects include but are not limited to software architecture, software maintenance and evolution, requirements engineering, software analytics, software testing, human aspects in software engineering and empirical software engineering. Preference will be given to embedding you into the current Software Engineering group.
You will be responsible for teaching courses at the bachelor level in the Computer Science programme, with a focus on forming broad skills in Computer Science. Typical courses that qualify are programming, algorithms and data structures, operating systems, as well as software engineering courses such as software testing, software quality assurance, and software engineering capstone project. Furthermore, you will be involved in submitting and supervising bachelor projects, which typically contain a significant research component.
- a PhD, obtained no longer than 3 years ago, preferably from another university than the University of Groningen
- a promising research record
- affinity with teaching; individuals with actual teaching experience will be favoured
- an excellent command of English.
ConditionsYou will have an initial appointment of one year that will be extended by 3 years if you perform satisfactorily. The fellowship will not be extended after the four years period. The starting salary is dependent on the date you obtained your PhD and your postdoctoral years.
• 0 years: € 3,255 gross per month for a full-time position
• 1 year: € 3,389 gross per month for a full-time position
• 2 years € 3,514 gross per month for a full-time position
• 3 years € 3,637 gross per month for a full-time position.
The UFO-profile Researcher/Lecturer (scale 10) applies.
In addition to the primary salary, the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
You may apply for this position until 21 March 11:59pm / before 22 March 2019 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
• a letter of motivation
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• a short description (max 1 A4) of your teaching interests (extra attachment 1).
• a short description (max 1 A4) of your scientific field of interest (extra attachment 2).
In this stage of recruitment, we don’t ask for reference letters.
Additional informationYvonne Folkers, coordinator of the FSE Fellowship Programme
Prof. Paris Avgeriou (for informal inquiries)
Information about bachelor/master degree programmes
Information on the research institute
Information on the research group