Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Post-doctoral researcher Environmental Psychology (1.0 FTE)
The project Responsible decision making on gas aims to study factors that influence public acceptability of existing and new developments in the gas sector, such as natural gas, hydrogen, and biogas. Next, it aims to study which institutional and administrative changes are necess
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4274 - € 4274 per maand
The project Responsible decision making on gas aims to study factors that influence public acceptability of existing and new developments in the gas sector, such as natural gas, hydrogen, and biogas. Next, it aims to study which institutional and administrative changes are necessary to achieve a responsible energy system. You will design and run studies (e.g. questionnaires, experiments, longitudinal research) to examine the effects of individual factors (e.g. people’s values) and institutional factors (e.g. governance) on public acceptability of various developments in the gas and energy sector. You will publish the results of your studies in international scientific journals as well as popular magazines and newsletters, and present your studies at international conferences and to private partners. Based on the results of your research, you will formulate and propose practical and policy implications for developing a responsible energy transition, with or without gas-related developments. You will work in an interdisciplinary team and collaborate with researchers in Innovation and Policy sciences from the Technical University of Delft. You will also collaborate with different private and public partners in the project which are involved in the gas and energy sector. You will play an important role in managing project activities and coordinating the collaboration between the members of the research team and the private partners.
We are looking for an early-career scholar with a PhD in Environmental or Social Psychology who has a strong research record, and is interested in studying the role of individual and institutional factors in public acceptability of existing and new developments in the gas and energy sector.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- a PhD degree in a relevant field of Psychology, preferably with a special focus on Environmental Psychology
- a relevant publication record demonstrating your ability to publish international academic publications, preferably in top tier peer-reviewed journals
- experience with theory driven research with a clear eye for practical implications
- a clear interest in collaborative interdisciplinary research
- the ability to communicate verbally and in written form in English and preferably Dutch
- ability to work independently and manage joint research activities
- a team player with good communication skills.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary of € 3.255,- gross per month (salary scale 10.4)
- excellent secondary terms of employment
- a full-time position
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
- 232 holiday hours per calendar year for full-time employment
- participation in a pension scheme for employees.
The appointment is temporary for a specified period of 19 months. The preferred starting date is 1 January 2020.
Additional informationDr Goda Perlaviciute