2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Postdoc in Nano Electromechanical systems (NEMS) Sensors, Automation and Control
A collaborative research project between APE and DTPA groups has a vacancy for a Postdoctoral candidate who will conduct research in the field of 3D printed micro/nano sensors, 3D printed MEMS, nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) sensors, embedment of MEMS sensor systems in an a
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4274 - € 4274 per maand
A collaborative research project between APE and DTPA groups has a vacancy for a Postdoctoral candidate who will conduct research in the field of 3D printed micro/nano sensors, 3D printed MEMS, nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) sensors, embedment of MEMS sensor systems in an application, automation and control systems. The candidate is expected to conduct research related to additive manufacturing, flexible soft polymer MEMS/NEMS, micro/nano sensors, self-powered sensors, and energy harvesting systems. It includes the embedding of such systems in a MEMS device, thus taking a mechatronics design perspective, and deals with research activities on micro transduction technology, on rectification systems, as well as, on micro power management systems.
In particular, you will:
• design and conduct micro/nano fabrications of MEMS/NEMS sensors based on self-powered sensing mechanisms
• explore 3D printing and additive manufacturing as a method to fabricate novel sensing elements and biomimetic sensors
• conduct physics-based computational analysis of the MEMS sensors
• develop flexible and stretchable nanoelectronic sensors using soft polymers such as PDMS and hydrogels
• investigate the sensing principles of novel 2D sensing materials such as electrospun carbon nanofibers, Graphene, and polymer piezoelectrics for MEMS/NEMS applications
• embed such micro/nano sensors in sensing systems for various applications.
• have at least a PhD degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another related engineering education
• work experience in additive manufacturing, 3D printing, lithographic micro/nano fabrication processes and design of MEMS/NEMS sensors
• experience in electrospinning technique for nanofiber generation, Graphene sensors, electrospun nanofiber sensors is an advantage
• experience in material and nanomechanical characterization tools such as SEM, nanoindenter, micromanipulator, picoindenter, XRD, Raman, etc., and experience in synthesis of soft polymer materials is an added advantage
• experience with Matlab, CAD/CAM, COMSOL and finite element analysis
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• a dynamic, creative and pioneering professional attitude
• ability to work independently and with colleagues
• a problem solving ability
• cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills
• able to communicate and teach in English, and Dutch is an advantage.
ConditionsWe offer a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,709 (salary scale 10 Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 4,274 gross for a full-time position, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. A fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs (the 30% facility) may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this. The position is for a period of one year, full-time, with a possible extension of two years.
You may apply for this position until 26 May 11.59pm / before 27 May 2019 Dutch local time (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applications for the position should include:
• motivation letter
• research statement
• copy of the PhD diploma or estimated time of graduation
• contact details of 3 academic references.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply, but we are specifically looking for woman researcher for this fellowship to close the gap between man and women in the higher ranks of our university. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. B. (Bayu) Jayawardhana
+31 50 3637156
Dr A. G. P. Kottapalli
+31 50 3635486