Postdoctoral Fellowship in Science and Society (1.0 FTE)
Your research will take place within the Science and Society Group (SSG). SSG’s general research topics are centered around Interaction between science on the one hand and governmental organisations, industry and NGO’s on the other. Main research themes are (local) energy, concer
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 3637 per maand
Your research will take place within the Science and Society Group (SSG). SSG’s general research topics are centered around Interaction between science on the one hand and governmental organisations, industry and NGO’s on the other. Main research themes are (local) energy, concerning the transformative power of energy cooperatives and aligning local and regional energy transition, and sustainable land use, focusing on new approaches towards inclusive nature conservation and nature friendly types of land use, such as energy production and agriculture. In all cases the key question is how to optimize the development and application of science, taking into account scientific and societal demands and possibilities (see: https://www.rug.nl/research/science-society-group/research-and-projects).
Your teaching tasks will be embedded in the master track Science, Business & Policy (SBP). The aim of this track is to train science students to become a 'science advisor': a broadly educated exact scientist who can build bridges between scientific research, corporate strategy and policy. The track consists of two basic courses and an internship. In three months’ time the students are acquainted with insights from innovation studies, business, public administration, consultancy and science & technology studies. Students will apply this knowledge to real life projects and in internships of six months which take place at companies, governmental organizations or NGO’s. Your tasks will mainly be supervising SBP internships, for students from all different natural science disciplines.
The position is embedded in the Energy and Sustainability Research Institute Groningen (ESRIG).
• a PhD, obtained no longer than 3 years ago, preferably from another university than the University of Groningen. In case you do not yet have your PhD you can only apply if the defense date is fixed and will take place within 3 months from the application deadline
• a promising research record
• affinity with teaching; individuals with actual teaching experience will be favoured
• an excellent command of English.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a starting salary depending on the date you obtained your PhD and your postdoctoral years. The UFO-profile Researcher/Lecturer (scale 10) applies. In addition to the primary salary the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%:
• 0 years: € 3,255 gross per month for a full-time position
• 1 year: € 3,389 gross per month for a full-time position
• 2 years: € 3,514 gross per month for a full-time position
• 3 years: € 3,637 gross per month for a full-time position.
You will have an initial appointment of one year that will be extended by 3 years if you perform satisfactorily. The fellowship will not be extended after the four years period.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The preferred starting date: as soon as possible.
Additional informationDr. Henny van der Windt, Associate Professor in the SSG group
31 50 363 46 09
Saskia Grooters, teacher at the SBP track
31 50 363 46 09
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature