Postdoctoral Fellowship Position in Experimental Particle Physics (1.0 FTE)
The research area of the FSE fellow will be in the field of Experimental Particle Physics, with a focus on flavour physics within the LHCb group. The fellow will contribute to teaching general and subject-specific courses in the Physics and Applied Physics BSc and MSc programmes,
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 3637 per maand
The research area of the FSE fellow will be in the field of Experimental Particle Physics, with a focus on flavour physics within the LHCb group. The fellow will contribute to teaching general and subject-specific courses in the Physics and Applied Physics BSc and MSc programmes, and supervise BSc and MSc research projects. The position will be embedded in the Van Swinderen Institute for Particle Physics and Gravity.
• a PhD, obtained no longer than 3 years ago, preferably from another university than the
University of Groningen
• a promising research record
• affinity with teaching; individuals with actual teaching experience will be favoured
• an excellent command of English.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a starting salary depending on the date you obtained your PhD and your postdoctoral years. The UFO-profile Researcher/Lecturer (scale 10) applies. In addition to the primary salary, the University offers 8% holiday allowance and a year-end bonus of 8.3%:
• 0 years: € 3,255 gross per month for a full-time position
• 1 year: € 3,389 gross per month for a full-time position
• 2 years: € 3,514 gross per month for a full-time position
• 3 years: € 3,637 gross per month for a full-time position.
You will have an initial appointment of one year that will be extended by 3 years if you perform satisfactorily. The fellowship will not be extended after the four years period.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The preferred starting date is September 2020
Additional informationYvonne Folkers (coordinator of the FSE Fellowship Programme)
Gerco Onderwater (leader of the research group)
More information about the research institute
More information about our Bachelor programmes
More information about our Master programmes
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature