3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Postdoctoral Researcher in Applied Cognitive Neuroscience (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences of the University of Groningen invites applicants for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Applied Cognitive Neuroscience. This position will be located in the unit of Experimental Psychology (see https://www.rug.nl/gmw/psychology/research-u
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 3746 per maand
The Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences of the University of Groningen invites applicants for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Applied Cognitive Neuroscience. This position will be located in the unit of Experimental Psychology (see https://www.rug.nl/gmw/psychology/research-units/experimental-psychology/).
The position is primarily focused on research (approximately 80%), but also includes teaching in a field covering experimental psychology, (computational) cognitive science, and/or cognitive neuroscience with a relation to applied topics. Teaching may include participation in courses at the bachelor and master level (in Dutch or English), as well as supervision of bachelor and master research projects and theses. In research, the candidate will join a previously defined research project on a new method of detecting concealed information, which is funded by the Politie & Wetenschap program. The project comprises several studies that are focused on developing an experimental approach, based on measuring pupillometry during rapid serial visual presentation, for application during forensic photo-confrontations.
We are looking for:
• a completed PhD in experimental psychology, (computational) cognitive science, cognitive neuroscience, or related fields
• good publication record in international scientific journals
• hands-on experience with (behavioural) research methods; specific expertise with eye tracking, pupillometry or EEG is a plus
• interest in teaching and innovative teaching methods
• the ability to communicate and teach in English; the ability to communicate and teach in Dutch is a plus
• excellent social and communicative skills and ability to work in groups.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 3,353 to a maximum of € 3,746 (salary scale 10) gross per month for a full-time position
• an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus, participation in a pension scheme for employees and excellent secondary benefits, including 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full-time employment
• an appointment on a temporary basis for one and a half year.
Interviews will be held in weeks 34 and 35, 2021.
The appointee will ideally commence on 1 October 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Additional informationProf. Elkan Akyürek