3 dagen geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Geleen
Professor of Middle Eastern Studies (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Arts is now seeking to appoint a Professor of Middle Eastern Studies with an established reputation for excellence in research, teaching, and social impact. This role is particularly suitable for an enthusiastic academic leader who shows willingness and ability to
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 8505 - € 8505 per maand
The Faculty of Arts is now seeking to appoint a Professor of Middle Eastern Studies with an established reputation for excellence in research, teaching, and social impact. This role is particularly suitable for an enthusiastic academic leader who shows willingness and ability to lead and to promote the academic talent and career development of its young and ambitious team. Supervision of PhD students and postdocs and obtaining substantial external funding is an important part of the role.
The successful appointee will evidence:
● a PhD degree in Middle Eastern Studies, Arabic Language, and Culture or related disciplines
● a recognized publication record of high-quality books and articles on the modern Middle East in international peer-reviewed journals and successful grant applications
● proficiency in Modern Standard Arabic, and preferably also Hebrew
● experience in and a passion for education, as well as an innovative view on teaching, including interdisciplinary teaching
● a connecting approach and the ability to create and strengthen collaborations between the staff members, the Faculty, the university’s Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies, the broader research field, and society
● a relevant, strategic international network, as evidenced by, for example, participation in internationally renowned conferences and leading roles in editorial boards of academic journals
● a coaching and facilitating leadership style based on mentoring, communication, and inspiration
● affinity with societal impact, and ability and enthusiasm in translating research and teaching to a general audience.
ConditionsThe position is offered on a fulltime basis. The gross monthly salary is dependent on previous qualifications and experience and ranges between € 5,843 and € 8,508 (scale H2 Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities). Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % of annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % of annual salary per year.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen (http://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/dual-career-support/).
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the University. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information on the terms of employment, please visit: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/new-staff/
Additional informationNorbert Lieftink
+31 (0)20 2404378