Rosalind Franklin Tenure Track Professorship Faculty of Economics and Business
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academ
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 6738 - € 6738 per maand
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academia or research institutes who aspire to become a Full Professor in a European top research university. Since 2002 we have welcomed over 100 Rosalind Franklin Fellows, many of whom by now have reached the rank of Full Professor.
Successful candidates will be expected to establish an independent, research programme in collaboration with colleagues at our University and elsewhere. They will also be expected to participate in and contribute to the development of the teaching programme of their discipline.
The University of Groningen has 39 tenure track positions available in this programme. We invite ambitious female academics to apply for these positions.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.
Three RFF positions
The Faculty of Economics and Business has three Rosalind Franklin Fellowship positions available. Please note, concerning the 3 positions in the Faculty: application is open to female academics working in a discipline represented in the Faculty of Economics and Business. However, in accordance with the strategic goals and the profile of the Faculty, expertise and experience in teaching and research in following disciplines Economics, Econometrics & Finance, Innovation Management & Strategy or Marketing are especially welcome.
Underneath you find some information about the departments.
The Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance is responsible for teaching in several bachelor, master and doctoral programs in Economics, Business Economics, Finance and Econometrics. The department is an active and international research community, performing to the highest international levels in research and publications. Central research themes are among others (applied) econometrics, finance, banking, health, aging and pensions, microfinance, behavioral and experimental economics, economic history and industrial organisation.
The Department of Innovation Management & Strategy develops and disseminates knowledge in four core areas: collaborative innovation, sustainable strategy and corporate governance, ICT and organisational change, and entrepreneurship. The department consists of 45 professors and PhD candidates, that have achieved awards and international recognition for their research and publish in high-quality journals. The department has a strong focus on teaching excellence and established an outstanding reputation for the quality of its teachers. The group is also committed to the region and contributes to its development by giving advice, support and visibility to the local business community.
The Department of Marketing is one of the leading marketing groups in Europe. The Department is responsible for courses in marketing for students in Bachelor and Master programs at the Faculty of Economics and Business. In addition, the department participates in the Research Master program, a challenging 2-year master program intended for students aiming at a PhD. Scientific research is concentrated in the research program Marketing (part of the research school SOM), which obtained very high ratings in the most recent evaluation. Moreover, contract research is conducted within the Customer Insights Center, which forms a bridge between science and practice in the field of customer insights. Recently, the Department hosted the European Marketing Academy Conference 2017.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD degree for at least 2 years on reference date 01/06/2019
- exemplary research record demonstrated by publications in international top journals and/or in peer-reviewed books
- proof of independence and international recognition
- experience in various working environments in different countries
- successful in acquiring external funding for research projects
- teaching experience or proven inclination for teaching demonstrated by tutoring/mentoring of individuals or small groups
- demonstrable organizational qualities and communication skills
- a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan for the first five years and a challenging outlook for the future which takes into account the international research landscape in their field of specialization.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a Tenure Track position leading to full professor
- a flying start with you research because you will get funding to appoint your own PhD candidate
- a salary for Assistant Professor based on your qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,656 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position. For the Associate professor positions, salaries range from € 5,039 (salary scale 13 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 6,738 (scale 14)
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- an employee pension scheme
- paid maternity and parental leave
- the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE).
We acknowledge that talented prospective staff often have talented spouses or partners who also wish to further their Careers therefore we offer Dual-Career Support https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/dual-career-support/ .
For more information about our Tenure Track career path please see following brochure: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/career-opportunities/tenuretrackpolicymemorandum2017.pdf
You may apply for this position until 2 June 11.59pm / before 3 June 2019 (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
1. a full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications (CV attachment)
2. a letter of motivation (letter of motivation attachment)
3. a 3-5 page statement of research accomplishments and future research goals (extra attachment)
4. a list of five selected ‘best papers’ (preferably including copies) (extra attachment 2)
5. the names and contact information (including email address) of 3 referees (extra attachment 3).
The application files should be sent electronically in PDF format.
Applications with missing credentials will not be taken into consideration.
For more information about the department of Economics, Econometrics and Finance contact Prof. C.L.M. Hermes, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the department of Innovation Management & Strategy please contact, Dr C.H.M. Lutz, email@example.com or Prof. J. Surroca, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the department of Marketing contact Prof. T.H.A. Bijmolt, email@example.com
Please visit our website, http://www.rug.nl/rff and http://www.rug.nl/feb/ for more information about our organisation and these Fellowships, the requirements and the application procedure.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. P.C. Verhoef, Dean (for more information about the faculty)
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature