2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Rosalind Franklin Tenure Track Professorship Science & Engineering (27.0 FTE)
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academ
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academia or research institutes who aspire to become a Full Professor in a European top research university. Since 2002 we have welcomed over 100 Rosalind Franklin Fellows, many of whom by now have reached the rank of Full Professor.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.
We have in total 27 Rosalind Franklin Fellowships to offer at the Faculty of Science and Engineering. Six positions are open for candidates from all research fields represented at the faculty. In addition, we have 21 positions for candidates from specific research fields in the disciplines Mechanical Engineering & Applied Physics, Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. Please click here link: https://www.rug.nl/fse/rff for more information about these fields.
As Rosalind Franklin Fellow you will:
- set up and develop your own research line and independent research group
- supervise PhD students
- acquire external funding
- promote the societal relevance of your research
- teach in and contribute to the development of degree programs
- contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
At the stage of Assistant Professor 60% of your time is for research, 30% for teaching activities and 10% for organizational tasks.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD degree
- at least two years of postdoctoral experience outside of the Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD, and a relevant international network
- excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences
- a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage
- demonstrable organizational competences
- cross-cultural sensitivity
- good command of spoken and written English.
And you are:
- a team player with good communication skills
- able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
- willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
- able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years.
We offer you a full-time position as Assistant Professor in our faculty’s tenure track system Career Paths in Science that leads up to Full Professor and:
- a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 up to a maximum of € 5,656 gross per month (scale 11 or 12 CAO Dutch Universities, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position
- holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
- a pension scheme
- paid maternity and parental leave
- the possibility to work part-time (90% or 80%)
- dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen
- a mentor program and a broad range of opportunities for personal development.
In exceptional cases candidates can be offered a position as Associate or Full Professor. Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
As Rosalind Franklin Fellow you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor. After another 4 to 7 years you will be assessed for promotion to the position of Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as well as the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4.
Mrs. L. (Linda) Bosveld-Verbug, Senio HR Advisor
You may apply for this position until 2 June 11.59 pm / before 3 June 2019 (CEST).
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
1. a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position (letter of motivation attachment)
2. a curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and add the names of contactinformation (including emailadress) of three referees (CV attachment)
3. a list of five self-selected ‘best papers’ (extra attachment)
4. a description of your scientific interest and plans (1-2 pages) (extra attachment 2)
5. a statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages) and a list with names of references (extra attachment 3).
Please apply by using one of the following links down below. We kindly request you to apply only once, either for one of the 6 positions open to candidates from all fields or for one of the positions tied to a specific research field.
All research fields: bit.ly/2PwkYGk
Mechanical Engineering & Applied Physics: bit.ly/2PsWNZf
Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence: bit.ly/2PsWPjP
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.