2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Rosalind Franklin Tenure Track Professorship Theology and Religious Studies
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academ
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 6738 - € 6738 per maand
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academia or research institutes who aspire to become a Full Professor in a European top research university. Since 2002 we have welcomed over 100 Rosalind Franklin Fellows, many of whom by now have reached the rank of Full Professor.
You will establish your own research programme in collaboration with colleagues at our University and elsewhere. You will participate in and contribute to the development of the teaching programme of your discipline.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.
Please note, concerning the position in the Faculty: application is open to female academics working in a discipline represented in the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies. However, in accordance with the strategic goals of the Faculty and the profile of the Department of Christianity and History of Ideas, we especially welcome female scholars in the specific research field of Islamic Thought and Culture.
You will contribute to one or more of our common themes of inquiry, such as cultural heritage, intellectual history, history of religion, ethics and philosophy, and the contemporary governance of religion.
What we ask:
• a PhD degree in Theology/Religious Studies or another field appropriate to the position
• experience and proven success in teaching in a variety of class types and sizes
• an exemplary research record demonstrated by publications in the form of monographs and/or articles in top journals and/or in peer-reviewed volumes
• success in acquiring external funding (public or private) for research projects
• a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative and integrative research plan for the coming five years and a challenging outlook for the future, taking into account the international research landscape in your field
• significant international experience and evidence of international recognition
• evidence of organizational qualities, communication skills and entrepreneurship
• a team player with skills at working in a multidisciplinary team
• enthusiasm for research collaboration and active participation in joint educational and administrative activities of the Department and Faculty
• fluency in the English language, in written and spoken form
• the University of Groningen requires teaching staff to attain the University Teaching Qualification; a successful applicant lacking this qualification (or equivalent) is expected to obtain it within two years, by attending courses at the University
• willingness to learn the Dutch language, with the aim of reaching European standard B2 within three years so that you are able to communicate with faculty, staff, and students in Dutch
• willingness to take up residence in or near the city of Groningen.
Depending on experience and qualifications, the successful RFF candidate will be appointed as Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in a temporary position.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
● a Tenure Track position leading to full professor
● a salary for Assistant Professor based on your qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,656 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position. For the Associate professor positions, salaries range from € 5,039 (salary scale 13 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 6,738 (scale 14)
● a holiday allowance of 8% gross allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
● an employee pension scheme
● paid maternity and parental leave
● the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE).
We acknowledge that talented prospective staff often have talented spouses or partners who also wish to further their Careers therefore we offer Dual-Career Support https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/dual-career-support/
For more information about our Tenure Track career path please see following brochure: https://www.rug.nl/ggw/organization/academic-staff/rff/tenure-track-system-thrs.pdf
You may apply for this position until 29 August 11.59pm / before 30 August 2019 (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application in one file including:
1. a letter of motivation (letter of motivation attachment)
2. a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications (CV attachment)
3. an appropriate writing sample and a list of three self-selected “best papers” (extra attachment)
4. a statement about teaching goals and experience and a description of scholarly interests and plans that fit the profile of the Faculty and the Department (extra attachment 2)
5. the names of three references complete with title and contact information (extra attachment 3).
Interviews will be planned in October 2019. Shortlisted applicants will be notified before 1 October 2019 and will be expected to be in Groningen for both days of the interviews. Travel and accommodation will be arranged and reimbursed.
A research presentation or lecture and an assessment may form part of the next stage of the selection procedure.
For more information about the faculty’s teaching and research see:
Sustainable Society: https://www.rug.nl/research/sustainable-society/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Mladen Popović, Dean of the Faculty and Chair of the appointment advisory committee
Prof. Todd Weir, Chair of the Department of Christianity and the History of Ideas