2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Rosalind Franklin Tenure Track Professorship University Medical Centre Groningen
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academ
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academia or research institutes who aspire to become a Full Professor in a European top research university. Since 2002 we have welcomed over 100 Rosalind Franklin Fellows, many of whom by now have reached the rank of Full Professor.
Candidates applying for a fellowship at the UMCG will be expected to establish a research programme in connection to and in collaboration with departmental, institutional and international colleagues, which is largely externally funded. They will also be expected to participate in and contribute to the development of the teaching programme of their discipline.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.
Three RFF positions
The UMCG has three Tenure/Talent Track positions available for talented female researchers.
Researchers in any topic in connection to the strengths of the UMCG Research Institutes are invited to apply. Researchers in the fields of (bio)informatics and big data/machine learning, immunology, and innovative materials for clinical application, are particularly encouraged to apply for a Fellowship.
- team player and demonstrable organizational qualities and communication skills
- PhD degree for at least 5 years on reference date 1 June, 2019
- exemplary research record demonstrated by:
-) original research papers in international top journals
-) reviews, research opinions or other publications showing your contribution to the field
-) other research output, e.g. patents, methods, databases
-) citation record
-) any means to show the value and influence of your research, e.g. uptake in policy documents or practice guidelines
- proof of independence and international recognition
- experience in various working environments in different countries
- success in acquiring external funding for research projects
- teaching experience or proven inclination for teaching demonstrated by tutoring/mentoring of individuals or small groups
- willing to work in an interdisciplinary setting
- a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan for the first five years and a challenging outlook for the future which takes into account the international research landscape in your field of specialization.
ConditionsWe offer in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for the Dutch University Medical Centers:
- a Tenure/Talent Track position leading to full professorship
- the possibility to enter the Tenure/Talent Track at the level of assistant or associate professor
- a start-up package for your research including a 4-year PhD position and € 120.000 research bench fee.
Candidates who are awarded a Rosalind Franklin Fellowship can enter at the level of assistant professor or associate professor with ius promovendi. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for the University Medical Centers. Salaries include an 8% holiday allowance, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in an employee pension scheme. Questions about the terms of employment can be sent to Mrs. Dineke ten Dolle, email@example.com.
The Rosalind Franklin Fellowship lasts for 5 years. Following a favourable assessment of your research and teaching qualifications after 4-5 years of employment, you will be awarded tenure and the appropriate next academic step. Promotion to full professorship is aimed for as last step in the Tenure/Talent Track. In general, the level of assistant professor takes 5 years and the level of associate professor takes 7 years, before reaching the rank of full professor.
You are invited to apply for a Rosalind Franklin Fellowship position until 2 June 11:59pm / before 3 June 2019 (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applicants should submit:
1. a full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications and other research output (CV attachment)
2. a letter of motivation (Letter of motivation attachment)
3. a 3-5 page statement of research accomplishments and future research goals (extra attachment)
4. a list of five selected ‘best papers’ (preferably including copies) (extra attachment 2)
5. the names and contact information (including e-mail address) of 3 referees (extra attachment 3).
The application files should be sent electronically in PDF format.
Applications with missing credentials will not be taken into consideration.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationMrs. Nicolien Wieringa, PhD
Dineke ten Dolle
More information about these Fellowships