PHD POSITION 'BALANCING NATURE AND CULTURE IN SOUTHWEST EUROPEAN LANDSCAPE EVOLUTION AND INTEGRATED LEGACIES'
2 dagen geleden - VU - Amsterdam
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Innovative Computer Architectures at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Computer Science who will develop novel computing architectures that meet several chal
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Innovative Computer Architectures at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Computer Science who will develop novel computing architectures that meet several challenges such as modularity, scalability, robustness, fault-tolerance, flexibility, and energy-efficiency. New computer architectures and corresponding compilers, software platforms, etc., are needed, so that a performance improvement by several orders of magnitude becomes possible. Of particular interest are cognitive/neuromorphic computing, hardware-software co-design, large-scale GPU computing as well as embedded systems architectures. Architectures that handle the generation, processing, storage and analysis of big data are also emphasized. The position is embedded in one of the Computer Science research units of the Bernoulli Institute, with strong collaborations with materials science and artificial intelligence.
The position will play a crucial role within the Center “Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials” (CogniGron). This is a unique research center, where researchers from materials science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence work together to create self-learning materials that will perform the tasks that are now assigned to thousands of transistors and complex algorithms. We offer a challenging position in a unique world-class research environment, in which close collaborations between research groups with different expertise are encouraged.
We will support the candidate with an attractive start-up package and access to local state-of-the-art facilities, which are constantly being improved to strengthen our program.
Once appointed, you are expected to be a full-time, independent group leader.
We are recruiting at the level of Assistant (tenure track), Associate (tenure) or Full Professor, depending on your profile.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree with at least two years of postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in (inter)national peer-reviewed journals and/or in peer-reviewed books and renowned conferences
• proof of independence and international recognition
• successes in acquiring external funding for research projects
• a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan that matches the mission of the Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials Center (see: www.rug.nl/fse/cognigron).
And if you are:
• a great team player with organizational qualities and good interpersonal skills
• fluent in English
• a good teacher and willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualifications
• willing to learn the Dutch language.