3 dagen geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
The Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis, one of six research schools of the Faculty of Humanities, has a vacant PhD position as part of the ERC …
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Cognitive Devices at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a visionary Physicist or Engineer with expertise in device physics for the design, fabrication, characterization and t
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Cognitive Devices at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a visionary Physicist or Engineer with expertise in device physics for the design, fabrication, characterization and testing of materials and devices for cognitive computing. You will be expected to develop materials and devices with learning capabilities that combine memory and adaptability and are used as key elements in cognitive computing. Within this position you will respond to the need for devices in information processing that work under very different concepts than the current CMOS technology does. A strong collaboration is envisioned with other experts within CogniGron. Most important will be the collaboration with a circuit designer with knowledge in the circuit integration of cognitive brain-inspired devices. This provides the necessary knowledge to integrate materials in working circuits that can be tested for cognitive applications. The position is embedded in the Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials with strong interactions with artificial intelligence, mathematics and computer science.
The position will play a crucial role within the Center “Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials” (CogniGron). This is a unique research center, where researchers from materials science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence work together to create self-learning materials that will perform the tasks that are now assigned to thousands of transistors and complex algorithms. We offer a challenging position in a unique world-class research environment, in which close collaborations between research groups with different expertise are encouraged.
We will support the candidate with an attractive start-up package and access to local state-of-the-art facilities, which are constantly being improved to strengthen our program.
Once appointed, you are expected to be a full-time, independent group leader.
We are recruiting at the level of Assistant (tenure track), Associate (tenure) or Full Professor, depending on your profile.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree with at least two years of postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in (inter)national peer-reviewed journals and/or in peer-reviewed books and renowned conferences
• proof of independence and international recognition
• successes in acquiring external funding for research projects
• a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan that matches the mission of the Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials Center (see: www.rug.nl/fse/cognigron).
And if you are:
• a great team player with organizational qualities and good interpersonal skills
• fluent in English
• a good teacher and willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualifications
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature