Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
We are looking for talented individuals with a strong background and track-record in chemical engineering who strive to bring innovations in the field. We …
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Computational Mathematics at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Mathematics who will develop computational solutions of today’s highly complex problems of sci
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Computational Mathematics at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Mathematics who will develop computational solutions of today’s highly complex problems of science and engineering, ranging from the design of suitable, computationally tractable models, to the mathematical analysis of numerical algorithms. Your contributions are to be geared towards improving the mathematical insight in this broad area of research. Diverse aspects of computational mathematics can be envisioned: algorithmic issues that are tied together by numerical mathematics, as well as challenging computational modelling issues that can be studied mathematically. Some of the most exciting challenges for applying numerical simulation as an innovative design tool are in the development of self-learning materials. The position will be embedded in the research unit Computational and Numerical Mathematics of the Bernoulli Institute, with strong collaborations with materials science, computer science and artificial intelligence.
The position will play a crucial role within the Center “Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials” (CogniGron). This is a unique research center, where researchers from materials science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence work together to create self-learning materials that will perform the tasks that are now assigned to thousands of transistors and complex algorithms. We offer a challenging position in a unique world-class research environment, in which close collaborations between research groups with different expertise are encouraged.
We will support the candidate with an attractive start-up package and access to local state-of-the-art facilities, which are constantly being improved to strengthen our program.
Once appointed, you are expected to be a full-time, independent group leader.
We are recruiting at the level of Assistant (tenure track), Associate (tenure) or Full Professor, depending on your profile.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree with at least two years of postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in (inter)national peer-reviewed journals and/or in peer-reviewed books and renowned conferences
• proof of independence and international recognition
• successes in acquiring external funding for research projects
• a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan that matches the mission of the Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials Center (see: www.rug.nl/fse/cognigron).
And if you are:
• a great team player with organizational qualities and good interpersonal skills
• fluent in English
• a good teacher and willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualifications
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature