1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a Postdoc position in the Horizon2020 project “Integrity” (0.8 FTE). Are you interested? Then please …
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Computer Networks at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Computer Science who will focus on network design for novel cognitive computing applications, with an
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Computer Networks at the level of tenure track assistant, associate or full professor. We are looking for a researcher in Computer Science who will focus on network design for novel cognitive computing applications, with an emphasis on efficient transmission and processing of large amounts of data. Novel computer network technologies are needed that focus on communication and networking of modular neuromorphic units. In particular, we envision you to have an interest in different research directions involving various aspects of a new computational paradigm: from new advanced network models for efficient communication between electronic “synapses” to new innovative distributed algorithms that fully utilize new computational infrastructures. There are strong connections to research on new computer architectures and neuromorphic circuit design. The position is embedded in one of the existing Computer Science research units (for example, the Distributed Systems group) of the Bernoulli Institute, with strong collaborations with materials science and artificial intelligence.
The position will play a crucial role within the Center “Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials” (CogniGron). This is a unique research center, where researchers from materials science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence work together to create self-learning materials that will perform the tasks that are now assigned to thousands of transistors and complex algorithms. We offer a challenging position in a unique world-class research environment, in which close collaborations between research groups with different expertise are encouraged.
We will support the candidate with an attractive start-up package and access to local state-of-the-art facilities, which are constantly being improved to strengthen our program.
Once appointed, you are expected to be a full-time, independent group leader.
We are recruiting at the level of Assistant (tenure track), Associate (tenure) or Full Professor, depending on your profile.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree with at least two years of postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in (inter)national peer-reviewed journals and/or in peer-reviewed books and renowned conferences
• proof of independence and international recognition
• successes in acquiring external funding for research projects
• a well-founded and motivated application with an innovative research plan that matches the mission of the Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials Center (see: www.rug.nl/fse/cognigron).
And if you are:
• a great team player with organizational qualities and good interpersonal skills
• fluent in English
• a good teacher and willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualifications
• willing to learn the Dutch language.