Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor in Hardware-Software Co-design 1 FTE
We are looking for an Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on the profile (see The University of Groningen Career Paths in Science: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en) in software engineering, computer architec
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
We are looking for an Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on the profile (see The University of Groningen Career Paths in Science: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en) in software engineering, computer architecture or their combination. This includes, for instance, the engineering of Software-intensive Systems, Embedded Systems, Cyber-Physical Systems, Cloud/Fog/Edge Computing, Energy-Efficient Computing Systems, Internet of Things and Industry 4.0. Candidates working in both theoretical areas (e.g., design, synthesis, verification and analysis) and applied areas (e.g., empirical work on industrial or open-source systems, including human aspects, novel computer systems applications and data-intensive systems) are all encouraged to apply.
As an Assistant/Associate Professor you will:
• set up and develop your own research line and research group
• supervise PhD students
• acquire external funding
• promote the societal relevance of your research
• teach in and contribute to the bachelor and master programmes of Computer Science, and be actively involved in the development of new courses related to your research area
• contribute to the organisation of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
At the stage of Assistant Professor, 60% of your time is for research, 30% for teaching activities and 10% for organisational tasks. At the stage of Associate Professor, 40% of your time is for research, 40% for teaching activities and 20% for organisational tasks.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree in Software Engineering or Computer Architecture or a related field
• at least two years of postdoctoral experience outside of the Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD, and a relevant international network
• excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences
• a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage
• independently supervised PhD students (associate professor)
• received substantial research grants from external sources (associate professor)
• demonstrable organisational competences
• cross-cultural sensitivity
• good command of spoken and written English.
And you are:
• a clearly visible expert in your field
• an inspiring leader who stimulates his or her group members to get the best out of themselves
• a team player with good communication skills
• able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
• willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
• able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities a full-time position as an Assistant or Associate Professor in our faculty’s tenure track system Career Paths in Science and:
• Assistant professor: a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3.637 up to a maximum of € 5.656 gross per month (scale 11 or 12, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position
• Associate professor: a salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, from € 5.039 up to a maximum of € 6.738 gross per month (scale 13 or 14) for a full-time position
• holiday allowance and year-end bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• maternity and parental leave
• the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0,8 FTE)
• a mentor programme and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
As an Assistant Professor, you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g., prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor.
If you are hired on the level of Associate Professor, your position will be tenured from the onset. 4 to 7 years after being appointed as Associate Professor, you will be assessed for promotion to the position of Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as well as the criteria for promotion:
Additional informationProf. Jos Roerdink, Director Bernoulli Institute
Prof. P. Avgeriou, head of the Software Engineering group
Profile report in which the position is described in more detail
More information about the research institute
More information about the employment conditions of the University of Groningen
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature