Ongeveer 6 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor Pharmaceutical Biology (1.0 FTE)
This exciting academic position is now available within the Faculty of Science and Engineering. It is embedded in the department Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology of the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP, please see: http://www.rug.nl/grip). The successful candidat
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
This exciting academic position is now available within the Faculty of Science and Engineering. It is embedded in the department Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology of the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP, please see: www.rug.nl/grip). The successful candidate will join the research group Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology, which has as its central aim the exploration of the living cell as a source of pharmaceutically relevant products. Next to phytochemical analysis, molecular-biological techniques are applied to gain insight into biosynthetic routes and to control the formation of bioactive compounds (pathway engineering). The (bio)synthesis of complex natural products is being investigated and major bottlenecks are being addressed by developing cell factories. The efficacy of biopharmaceuticals is being improved by the application of new techniques of combinatorial biology, protein engineering and ultimately, computational design. New biocatalysts for stereo selective reactions are being engineered including enantioselective proline-based biocatalysts for general alkylation, Michael addition, and aldol reactions. For a detailed overview of major research lines, please see: www.rug.nl/cpb
• development of an independent research programme on natural products within the framework of the main research lines of the department Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology
• acquisition of external research funds
• teaching in undergraduate and graduate-level courses (to an averaged maximum of 30% of the time)
• supervision of PhD students
• contribution to organisation and management within the department and institute, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the fields of teaching, research and management.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated interest in Pharmaceutical Biology (supported by successful publications), in addition to an established competence in her/his field(s) of study and area(s) of research. We welcome applications from candidates having backgrounds in pharmaceutical sciences, chemical biology or molecular biology.
• a PhD degree and minimal two years postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
• evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
ConditionsFor Assistant Professor:
The appointment will be initially for a maximum of 7 years at the level of Tenure Track Assistant Professor with a gross monthly salary dependent on qualifications and work experience from € 3,637 up to a maximum of € 5,656 (salary scales 11 or 12 Dutch Universities) for a full-time position. The successful candidate will participate in the career track of the Faculty of Science and Engineering known as Career Paths in Science. After 5 years, there will be an assessment of performance based on established criteria. If the outcome of the assessment is positive, the Assistant Professor will be promoted to Associate Professor with tenure. There will be another assessment at the end of a further 4-7 -year period for the promotion to Full Professor.
For Associate Professor:
The appointment of Associate Professor will be a tenured appointment. The gross monthly salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, will be from € 5,039 up to a maximum of € 6,738 (salary scales 13 or 14 Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time position. The successful candidate will participate in the career track of the Faculty of Science and Engineering known as Career Paths in Science. There will be an assessment at the end of a 4-7 -year period for the promotion to Full Professor.
In addition to the primary salary, the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
You may apply for this position until 1 April 11.59pm / before 2 April 2019 through the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on this advertisement on the University website).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
• a letter of motivation
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• a list of five self-selected ‘best papers’
• a statement about teaching goals and experience and a description of scientific interest and plans
• the names of three references complete with title and contact information.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. W. Quax, Head of department Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology
Institute: Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy
‘Career Paths in Science’ (‘Bèta’s in Banen’)
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature