The assistant professor contributes to research and teaching of the department of Accounting. The applicant specializes in one or more of the following fields: management accounting and control, financial accounting and/or corporate governance. All candidates should demonstrate the potential for outstanding achievements in research and teaching.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- you have a PhD degree in accounting or a in a closely related field
or you are expected to complete a PhD degree in accounting in the near future
- a relevant publication record demonstrating the candidate's ability or potential to publish international academic publications, preferably in top tier peer-reviewed journals
- capabilities in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- a relevant international network
- a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to attract funding for research projects.
Tenure track positions at the Faculty of Economics and Business are temporary positions and are subject to a tenure decision after a period of six years. Formal tenure track requirements include criteria with respect to research prominence, teaching and external fundraising activities. During the tenure track period 50% of the position is reserved for research and 50% is devoted to teaching activities. Moreover, you are willing to complete the University Teaching Qualification (if not already obtained) within the first years of your contract.
The University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience. For candidates at the assistant professor level, salary is starting from a minimum of € 3,475 gross per month (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,405 gross per month (salary scale 12) for a full-time position, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favorable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
The successful candidate will be appointed initially for a period of seven years on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation at the end of the third year of employment. On the basis of a positive final evaluation of the Tenure Track criteria in the sixth year of employment, you will be granted tenure to Associate Professor.
The seventh year is intended to compensate for any ‘life events’ (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave) which might take place during the first six years.
How to apply
You may apply for this position until 7 May / before 8 May 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the universities website).
You are requested to submit:
1. A cover letter including your view on how your research and/or teaching may fit into the department
2. An up-to-date curriculum vitae
3. A short statement of your research accomplishments and future research goals
4. Sample copies of your research (published papers or working papers)
5. The names and contact details of two references.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Prof. Paula van Veen-Dirks RC, Head of department
email@example.comAbout tenure track