Tenure Track Assistant Professor Biomolecular Chemistry (1.0 FTE)
This position is embedded within the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry. The field of Biomolecular Chemistry is at the interface of molecular (in)organic chemistry and biochemistry. Contemporary research areas include novel bio-hybrid systems, smart biomolecular materials, and bio
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5405 - € 5405 per maand
This position is embedded within the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry. The field of Biomolecular Chemistry is at the interface of molecular (in)organic chemistry and biochemistry. Contemporary research areas include novel bio-hybrid systems, smart biomolecular materials, and biomolecular tools for the study and manipulation of biological processes. You are expected to perform original research within this field of biomolecular chemistry, interpreted broadly. Regarding specialized research tools, high-end mass spectrometry and imaging techniques are of particular interest and can be further developed.
Also you will contribute to lecturing, project supervision and practical courses in the Bachelor Chemistry and the Master Chemistry education. A bridging role to the adjacent bachelor and master programs in Biology is foreseen. You will act as the supervisor of PhD students, who are embedded in the Groningen Graduate School of Science and Engineering. We expect you to have an active interest and to provide a positive contribution to the management and organizational tasks of the institute.
• a PhD degree in the relevant field
• at least two years postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
• evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• open to collaboration with other scientific areas within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry
• willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a gross monthly salary dependent on qualifications and work experience from € 3,475 (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 5,405 (scale 12) gross per month for a fulltime position. The appointment for Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) will be initially for a maximum of 7 years at the level of tenure track assistant professor. After 5 years, an assessment of performance based on established criteria will take place. If the outcome of the assessment is positive, the assistant professor will be promoted to associate professor with tenure. There will be another assessment at the end of a further 4-7 year period for the promotion to full professor.
Additional informationProf. A.J. (Adriaan) Minnaard, Director of the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry
Information about the research institute
The document Career Paths in Science edition 3