Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics established the Hermine Weijland Fellowship in 2017 with the aim of attracting and promoting …
This position is embedded within the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry. The field of Biomolecular Chemistry is at the interface of molecular (in)organic chemistry and biochemistry. Contemporary research areas include novel bio-hybrid systems, smart biomolecular materials, and bio
This position is embedded within the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry. The field of Biomolecular Chemistry is at the interface of molecular (in)organic chemistry and biochemistry. Contemporary research areas include novel bio-hybrid systems, smart biomolecular materials, and biomolecular tools for the study and manipulation of biological processes. You are expected to perform original research within this field of biomolecular chemistry, interpreted broadly. Regarding specialized research tools, high-end mass spectrometry and imaging techniques are of particular interest and can be further developed.
Also you will contribute to lecturing, project supervision and practical courses in the Bachelor Chemistry and the Master Chemistry education. A bridging role to the adjacent bachelor and master programs in Biology is foreseen. You will act as the supervisor of PhD students, who are embedded in the Groningen Graduate School of Science and Engineering. We expect you to have an active interest and to provide a positive contribution to the management and organizational tasks of the institute.
• a PhD degree in the relevant field
• at least two years postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
• evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• open to collaboration with other scientific areas within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry
• willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language.