Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Human-Computer Collaboration (1.0 FTE)
We are looking for a tenure track Assistant Professor (see The University of Groningen Career Paths in Science https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en) in human-computer collaboration or a closely related field. The positi
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
We are looking for a tenure track Assistant Professor (see The University of Groningen Career Paths in Science https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en) in human-computer collaboration or a closely related field. The position focuses on enhancing human-computer collaboration by employing methodology from cognitive engineering, brain-computer interfacing and models of multi-agent interaction. It will strike a balance between data-driven approaches which exploit machine learning techniques and theory-driven approaches in which practical choices are derived from general principles. The goal is to work towards designs in which collaborations between humans and machines are superior to either in isolation.
As a tenure track Assistant Professor you will:
• set up and develop your own research line and research group
• supervise PhD students
• acquire external funding
• promote the societal relevance of your research
• teach in and contribute to the development of the degree programmes in Artificial Intelligence (BSc and MSc) and Human-Computer Communication (MSc)
• contribute to the organisation of the department and institute, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
At the stage of Assistant Professor, 60% of your time is for research, 30% for teaching activities and 10% for organisational tasks.
We encourage you to apply in particular if you have:
• a PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence or a related field
• at least two years of postdoctoral experience outside of the Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD, and a relevant international network
• excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences
• a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage
• experience in the supervision of PhD students
• applied for and/or received research grants from external sources
• demonstrable organisational competences
• cross-cultural sensitivity
• good command of spoken and written English.
And you are:
• a clearly visible expert in your field
• an inspiring leader who stimulates his or her group members to get the best out of themselves
• a team player with good communication skills;
• able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
• willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
• able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years.
ConditionsWe offer you a full-time position as Assistant Professor in our faculty’s tenure track system Career Paths in Science and:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3.637 up to a maximum of € 5.656 gross per month (scale 11 or 12 CAO Dutch Universities, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position
• holiday allowance and year-end bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• maternity and parental leave
• the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE)
• a mentor programme and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
As an Assistant Professor, you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor. 4 to 7 years after being appointed as Associate Professor you will be assessed for promotion to the position of Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as well as the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en.
Additional informationProf. dr. Jos Roerdink, Director Bernoulli Institute
Prof. dr. Niels Taatgen, head of the Cognitive Modeling group
Profile report in which the position is described in more detail
More information about the research institute
More information about the employment conditions of the University of Groningen
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature