Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Human-Computer Interaction and Visualization
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Human-Computer Interaction and Visualization at the level of Tenure Track Assistant Professor. We are looking for a researcher in Computer Science or a related research field who will strengthen our position in the field of
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5826 - € 5826 per maand
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy in Human-Computer Interaction and Visualization at the level of Tenure Track Assistant Professor. We are looking for a researcher in Computer Science or a related research field who will strengthen our position in the field of Human-Computer Interaction and Visualization, including Computer Graphics and Graphical Interfaces. Candidates preferably have experience in combining visualization with human-computer interaction in order to achieve a better understanding of ways in which human expertise can be integrated in (interactive) visualizations. Observing the ways in which humans interact with computers in novel ways also plays an important role. Broadly spoken, the research field is situated at the intersection of computer science, behavioural sciences, design, media studies, and several other fields of study. Relevant application fields are medical visualization, biological visualization, text visualization, molecular visualization, environmental visualization, astronomical visualization, etc.
As Assistant Professor you will:
• set up and develop your own research line and research group
• supervise PhD students
• acquire external funding
• promote the societal relevance of your research
• teach in and contribute to the development of the degree programme Computer Science
• contribute to the organisation of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
At the stage of Assistant Professor, 60% of your time is for research, 30% for teaching activities and 10% for organizational tasks.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field
• at least two years of postdoctoral experience outside of the Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD (can be compensated for after the appointment via extended research visits abroad)
• a relevant international network
• excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences
• a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage
• demonstrable organisational competences
• cross-cultural sensitivity
• good command of spoken and written English.
And you are:
• a team player with good communication skills
• able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
• willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
• able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary, dependent on qualifications and relevant work experience as follows:
For Assistant Professor positions, the salaries range from a minimum of € 3,746 gross per month (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,826 gross per month (salary scale 12) for a full-time position.
The salary will show an annual increase within the scale. Additionally, the salaries include an 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for the University of Groningen (Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities 2016-2017, available in English).
The positions fall within the framework of ‘Career Paths in Science 4’ (‘Bèta’s in Banen 4’, Please see: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/betas-in-banen.pdf).
A career advisory service for partners of new staff that move to Groningen is provided.
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen:https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
As an Assistant Professor, you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship inapproximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performancewill be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g.prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as an AssociateProfessor. 4 to 7 years after being appointed as Associate Professor you will be assessed for promotion to the positionof Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as wellas the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en.
Additional informationDr J. Kosinka
Prof. N.A. Taatgen
Profile report in which the position is described in more detai
Career Paths in Science
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature