The Department of Foundations and Methods of Law of the Faculty of Law of Maastricht University intends to appoint a fulltime Assistant Professor in Legal Theo…
Tenure Track Assistant Professor Mathematics Education (1.0 FTE)
The Institute for Science Education and Communication (ISEC) of the Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a tenure track assistant professor in mathematics education. ISEC offers excellent opportunities for conducting research in ...
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5405 per maand
The Institute for Science Education and Communication (ISEC) of the Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a tenure track assistant professor in mathematics education. ISEC offers excellent opportunities for conducting research in the research area of mathematics and science education within an international environment. We seek a new faculty member with a high potential for developing an internationally recognized research line. Candidates with expertise in mathematics education research are encouraged to apply.
• a PhD degree in mathematics or mathematics education and at least two years post-doctoral experience outside the Netherlands (experience outside academia can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent capabilities in mathematics education research, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
• evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• open to collaborations with other scientific areas
• willing to fulfil the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a gross monthly salary dependent on qualifications and work experience from € 3,475 (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 5,405 (scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position. The appointment will be initially for a maximum of 7 years at the level of tenure track assistant professor. After 5 years an assessment of performance based on established criteria will take place. If the outcome of the assessment is positive, the assistant professor will be promoted to associate professor with tenure. There will be another assessment at the end of a further 4-7 year period for the promotion to full professor.
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
• a letter of motivation
• a Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
• a list of five self selected ‘best papers’
• a statement about teaching goals and experience and a description of scientific interest and plans
• the names of three references complete with title and contact information.
You may apply for this position until 30 November 23.59h / before 1 December 2017 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. M.J. Goedhart, Director Institute for SEC,+31 50 3638303 / +31 503638308 (secretary)
Additional information about the research institute
The document Career Paths in Science edition 3
Faculty of Science and Engineering Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage currently more than 30,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe, the top 100 universities in the world and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.