Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Tenure Track Assistant Professor Sociology of Organizations (1.0 FTE)
We are looking for a social scientist with expertise in the sociology of organizations and interest in the field of economic sociology. The candidate has good theoretical and quantitative skills and affinity with social network ...
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4757 per maand
We are looking for a social scientist with expertise in the sociology of organizations and interest in the field of economic sociology. The candidate has good theoretical and quantitative skills and affinity with social network research and mixed methods research designs.
The Assistant Professor will play a pivotal role in teaching in the Department’s bachelor and (research) master programme, actively contribute to the research line Sustainable Cooperation, Institutions and Organizations and to the collaboration with other research lines at the Department of Sociology.
The Assistant Professor will make a dedicated effort to secure external funding through writing grant proposals, and participate in committees, work groups and project teams supporting the Department’s teaching and research programme.
- a PhD degree in Sociology or a related field in the Social Sciences (public administration, policy studies) with a specialization in at least one of the topics mentioned in the job description
- good teaching skills and experience or affinity with a variety of didactical methods
- in possession of the University Teaching Qualification (or willingness to obtain it within the first two years of employment)
- experience with quantitative (and preferably mixed) methods of collecting and analyzing data
- a relevant publication record with at least 3 first author publications in high quality international peer-reviewed journals over the last 5 years, or an equivalent publication record as a co-author or book author
- an entrepreneurial team player, with good communication and project management skills
- the ability to communicate orally and in written form in English (command of English C1 level) and command of Dutch (Dutch is B2 level) or willingness to learn Dutch.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary that will be between € 3,475 and € 4,757 (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) gross per month based on the experience of the candidate and by a full-time appointment. The salary will be based on the salary scale for Assistant Professor at Dutch Universities and in accordance with the collective agreement regulating employment conditions at Dutch universities. The selected candidate will be appointed for a period of six years, on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation in the third year of employment. After a positive final evaluation in the sixth year of employment, tenure will be granted for an Associate Professorship.
We refer the applicants to consult the criteria of the Tenure Track system (for a complete description, see: www.rug.nl/gmw/research/tenure-track). An employment of a minimum of 0.8 fte is possible.
You may apply for this position until December 7 23:59 / before 8 December 2017 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applicants are requested to submit:
- a letter of motivation
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae
- a short statement on how you would teach a course on the sociology of organizations
- a short statement of research accomplishments and future research goals
- sample copies of your research (published papers or papers under review)
- the names and contact details of two references.
Starting date: 1 March 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Job interviews will take place on 10,11 and 17 January 2018.
The second round of job interviews are planned for 29 and 30 January 2018.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf Rafael Wittek
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 30,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research Universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
The Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences is a center of knowledge focusing on individuals and society. The faculty studies issues relating to human behaviour, the relationships between people, and society as a whole. This includes the study of how people function under normal circumstances, but also of the problems encountered by individuals or groups, and how these can be resolved or prevented.
This Assistant Professor position is situated within the Department of Sociology. This department is responsible for teaching at bachelor and (research) master level. The department is a member of the Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS), and plays a key role in the interdisciplinary research and training center Sustainable Cooperation (SCOOP).