Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e) - Eindhoven
MotivationFibre optics are critical infrastructure for society because they carry nearly all the global Internet traffic. For a long time, optical fibre system…
We are looking for a social scientist with expertise in the sociology of organizations and interest in the field of economic sociology. The candidate has good theoretical and quantitative skills and affinity with social network ...
We are looking for a social scientist with expertise in the sociology of organizations and interest in the field of economic sociology. The candidate has good theoretical and quantitative skills and affinity with social network research and mixed methods research designs.
The Assistant Professor will play a pivotal role in teaching in the Department’s bachelor and (research) master programme, actively contribute to the research line Sustainable Cooperation, Institutions and Organizations and to the collaboration with other research lines at the Department of Sociology.
The Assistant Professor will make a dedicated effort to secure external funding through writing grant proposals, and participate in committees, work groups and project teams supporting the Department’s teaching and research programme.
- a PhD degree in Sociology or a related field in the Social Sciences (public administration, policy studies) with a specialization in at least one of the topics mentioned in the job description
- good teaching skills and experience or affinity with a variety of didactical methods
- in possession of the University Teaching Qualification (or willingness to obtain it within the first two years of employment)
- experience with quantitative (and preferably mixed) methods of collecting and analyzing data
- a relevant publication record with at least 3 first author publications in high quality international peer-reviewed journals over the last 5 years, or an equivalent publication record as a co-author or book author
- an entrepreneurial team player, with good communication and project management skills
- the ability to communicate orally and in written form in English (command of English C1 level) and command of Dutch (Dutch is B2 level) or willingness to learn Dutch.
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 30,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research Universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
The Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences is a center of knowledge focusing on individuals and society. The faculty studies issues relating to human behaviour, the relationships between people, and society as a whole. This includes the study of how people function under normal circumstances, but also of the problems encountered by individuals or groups, and how these can be resolved or prevented.
This Assistant Professor position is situated within the Department of Sociology. This department is responsible for teaching at bachelor and (research) master level. The department is a member of the Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS), and plays a key role in the interdisciplinary research and training center Sustainable Cooperation (SCOOP).