Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship in Actuarial Science (1.0 FTE)
You are expected to do independent research and have teaching and supervising responsibilities. You conduct high quality, original research and publish in high-ranked international journals. Your time for research is allocated according to standardized faculty procedures, which g
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
You are expected to do independent research and have teaching and supervising responsibilities. You conduct high quality, original research and publish in high-ranked international journals. Your time for research is allocated according to standardized faculty procedures, which guarantee 50% time for research during the tenure track period. As a lecturer, you contribute to the courses in the BSc program Econometrics and Operations Research and the MSc program Econometrics, Operations Research & Actuarial Studies, including the supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses.
• You hold a PhD in Actuarial Science or another relevant field
• You are an expert in the above mentioned fields demonstrated by the ability (or the potential) to publish in the top-tier international academic peer-reviewed journals
• You are interested in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level and in mentoring students
• You have a track record of outstanding academic research and are internationally recognized; you are looking for innovative research and a challenging outlook for the future, which takes into account the international research landscape in your field of specialization
• You have the potential to generate external funding for research projects and you are organized and communicate well.
ConditionsIn accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, we offer:
• a salary with a minimum of € 3,637 (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,656 (scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position for an assistant professor, depending on qualifications and work experience
• an 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% year-end bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
• favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants; and
• 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full time employment.
Our tenure track positions are temporary positions subject to a tenure decision. In the third year of the appointment, an intermediate evaluation will take place. On the basis of a positive final evaluation in the sixth year of employment, the candidate will be granted tenure. The tenure track system is a career path that, when completed successfully, leads to a full professorship.
We expect you to start as soon as possible.
Additional informationProf. Niels Hermes, Head of the Department
Prof. Laura Spierdijk, Program Director BSc EOR