Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Tenure Track Assistant to Associate Professor Computational Protein (Re)Design
We are looking for an Assistant to Associate Professor (see The University of Groningen Career Paths in Science) in the area computational protein (re)design. The candidate is expected to integrate advances in computer sciences and multiscale modeling with clever experimental con
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5826 - € 5826 per maand
We are looking for an Assistant to Associate Professor (see The University of Groningen Career Paths in Science) in the area computational protein (re)design. The candidate is expected to integrate advances in computer sciences and multiscale modeling with clever experimental concepts to (re)design biological macromolecules. The envisioned research group uses computer sciences (computational design, multiscale modeling, machine learning) and combines this with experimental research profiting from existing expertise in biochemistry (e.g. enzymology, protein engineering, drug design) to further our understanding of the molecular processes of life and to expand the potential of enzymes and other biomolecules for biotechnological or biomedical purposes. The position will be embedded within the GBB research group Biotransformation and Biocatalysis (Marco Fraaije, Dick Janssen) and complements research at GBB (e.g. Albert Guskov, Cristina Paulino, Siewert-Jan Marrink, Kasia Tych), the Stratingh Institute (e.g. Gerard Roelfes), and the Groningen Research Institute for Pharmacy (e.g. Gerrit Poelarends). For artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts the Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence is a logic partner.
As an Assistant Professor you will:
• set up and develop your own research line and research group
• supervise PhD students
• acquire external funding
• promote the societal relevance of your research
• teach in and contribute to the development of the BSc and MSc degree programmes in the life sciences, life sciences and technology and chemistry
• contribute to the organisation of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
At the stage of Assistant Professor 60% of your time is for research, 30% for teaching activities and 10% for organisational tasks.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• a PhD degree in a relevant discipline
• at least two years of postdoctoral experience outside of the Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD, and a relevant international network
• excellent research qualities that demonstrate originality in addressing significant questions in the area (computational) protein design or molecular enzyme engineering and show an outstanding publication record in international peer-reviewed journals
• a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage
• independently supervised PhD students (associate professor)
• received substantial research grants from external sources (associate professor)
• demonstrable organisational competences
• a cross-cultural mindset
• excellent command of spoken and written English.
And you are:
• a clearly visible expert in your field, appropriate to your career stage
• an inspiring leader who stimulates his or her group members to get the best out of themselves
• a team player with good communication skills
• able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
• willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
• able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• as an Assistant Professor: a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,746 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,826 (scale 12) gross per month based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• as an Associate Professor: a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 5,190 (salary scale 13) up to a maximum of € 6,940 (salary scale 14) gross per month based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• holiday allowance and year-end bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your gross yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• support for maternity and parental leave
• a full-time position as an Assistant or Associate Professor in our faculty’s tenure track system Career Paths in Science and the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE)
• a mentor programme and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
As an Assistant Professor you will enter a tenure track which, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for seven years and your performance will be assessed after five years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will first get a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor. Four to seven years after being appointed as anAssociate Professor, you will be assessed for promotion to the position of Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as well as the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en.
Additional informationProf. Bert Poolman (former Director GBB and executive chair for this sector plan position)
+31 50 3634190
Biotransformation and Biocatalysis (GBB)
Career Paths in Science
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature