1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a Postdoc position in the Horizon2020 project “Integrity” (0.8 FTE). Are you interested? Then please …
The assistant professor is expected to develop an internationally leading research track record in Information assurance and security, leading to an autonomous research programme. Information assurance and security are concerned with ensuring, protecting and defending the securit
The assistant professor is expected to develop an internationally leading research track record in Information assurance and security, leading to an autonomous research programme. Information assurance and security are concerned with ensuring, protecting and defending the security properties of data and information, namely availability, integrity, authenticity/trust, validity, and confidentiality. Topics of particular interest are: blockchain family of algorithms and approaches, and related access control mechanisms; approaches for secure data provisioning across all components of an IT system and beyond, and security-by-design; secure enterprise systems and architectures, and open systems for authentication and authorization; Innovative security patterns; novel biometrics techniques; information assurance and security in IoT, SOA, cloud computing, big data and business process management; information assurance and security aspects in the domains of smart cities, smart factories, smart energy, healthcare, supply chain management, data science.
The research should lead to publications in high impact scientific journals and to contributions to major conferences in the field of expertise. Supervision of PhD students and postdocs is crucial. A strong involvement in the research theme Data Science and Systems Complexity or Cognitive Systems is expected. Interaction with application domains that require support in the area of information assurance and security is an important part of the research activities. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the teaching within the Bachelor and Master programmes of Computer Science in the Undergraduate and Graduate Schools of Science of FSE. He/she will contribute both to teaching existing courses, and to the development of new courses in information assurance and security. The candidate is expected to have an active interest in and to provide a positive contribution to the management and organizational tasks of the institute. At the level of FSE, the candidate will contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the fields of teaching, research and management. The candidate will participate in relevant national and international organizations.
• a PhD degree in the field of Computer Science or related discipline
• a minimum of two years postdoctoral experience abroad, divided over no more than 2 episodes (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
• evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language.