Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Tenure Track Information Assurance and Security (1.0 FTE)
The assistant professor is expected to develop an internationally leading research track record in Information assurance and security, leading to an autonomous research programme. Information assurance and security are concerned with ensuring, protecting and defending the securit
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5330 - € 5330 per maand
The assistant professor is expected to develop an internationally leading research track record in Information assurance and security, leading to an autonomous research programme. Information assurance and security are concerned with ensuring, protecting and defending the security properties of data and information, namely availability, integrity, authenticity/trust, validity, and confidentiality. Topics of particular interest are: blockchain family of algorithms and approaches, and related access control mechanisms; approaches for secure data provisioning across all components of an IT system and beyond, and security-by-design; secure enterprise systems and architectures, and open systems for authentication and authorization; Innovative security patterns; novel biometrics techniques; information assurance and security in IoT, SOA, cloud computing, big data and business process management; information assurance and security aspects in the domains of smart cities, smart factories, smart energy, healthcare, supply chain management, data science.
The research should lead to publications in high impact scientific journals and to contributions to major conferences in the field of expertise. Supervision of PhD students and postdocs is crucial. A strong involvement in the research theme Data Science and Systems Complexity or Cognitive Systems is expected. Interaction with application domains that require support in the area of information assurance and security is an important part of the research activities. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the teaching within the Bachelor and Master programmes of Computer Science in the Undergraduate and Graduate Schools of Science of FSE. He/she will contribute both to teaching existing courses, and to the development of new courses in information assurance and security. The candidate is expected to have an active interest in and to provide a positive contribution to the management and organizational tasks of the institute. At the level of FSE, the candidate will contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the fields of teaching, research and management. The candidate will participate in relevant national and international organizations.
• a PhD degree in the field of Computer Science or related discipline
• a minimum of two years postdoctoral experience abroad, divided over no more than 2 episodes (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement)
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
• evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a gross monthly salary dependent on qualifications and work experience from € 3,475 up to a maximum of € 5,405 (salary scales 11 or 12 Dutch Universities) for a full-time position. The appointment will be initially for a maximum of 6 years at the level of tenure track assistant professor. After 5 years there will be an assessment of performance based on established criteria. If the outcome of the assessment is positive, the assistant professor will be promoted to associate professor with tenure. There will be another assessment at the end of a further 4-7 -year period for the promotion to full professor.
In addition to the primary salary the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
You may apply for this position until 31 May 23:59 h / before 1 June 2018 Dutch local time through the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on this advertisement on the University website).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
• a letter of motivation (letter of motivation attachment)
• a Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications (CV attachment)
• a list of five self-selected ‘best papers’ (extra attachment)
• a statement about teaching goals and experience and a description of scientific interest and plans (extra attachment 2)
• the names of three references complete with title and contact information (extra attachment 3).
Additional informationProf. J.B.T.M. Roerdink, Scientific director Johann Bernoulli Institute
+31 50 3633931,
Prof. D. Karastoyanova, Head Information Systems group
+31 50 3633229,
Full profile report
Additional information about the research institute
Criteria and conditions of the Faculty’s Career Paths in Science