The Associate Professor/Academic Director in Brain, Behaviour and Culture is responsible for:
• content and context of education in the Social Sciences major specialization Brain, Behaviour and Culture
• assuring the quality of the UCG curriculum and the fulfilment of accountability requirements, i.e. annual reports, accreditation reports, etc. as far as it concerns the major specialization Brain, Behaviour and Culture
• the development, updating and adoption of guiding documents such as the Teaching and Exam Regulation (TER) as far as it concerns the major specialization Brain, Behaviour and Culture
• the coherence and consistency of the LAS-course portfolio within the team of academic directors, chaired by the director of education
• contributing to recruitment and admission of students
• expert advice to students in relation to their academic development as far as it concerns the major specialization Brain, Behaviour and Culture
• the hiring of academic staff for the major specialization in close collaboration with the Social Sciences Head of Department
• representing UCG outside UCG in other UG faculties and outside UG
• the teaching of courses in Brain, Behaviour and Culture programme
• interdisciplinary research in the field of Brain, Behaviour and Culture, preferably in collaboration with other members of the UCG department of Social Sciences.
Candidates are inspiring educators and possess
• a senior academic profile in the major specialization, preferably in the field of developmental and/or clinical psychology and expertise in evidence-based counselling, as demonstrated by a track record in academic research
• considerable experience of teaching in interdisciplinary undergraduate contexts with a deep commitment to teaching (SKO or equivalent)
• the willingness to engage with students and to join a multidisciplinary and international staff
• an extensive network, preferably also within the UG, and effective knowledge of the Bachelor’s and MSc programmes related to the major specialization
• a strong affinity with the principles and perspectives of Liberal Arts and Science education
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills in an internationally diverse context, as well as an excellent English language proficiency and preferably proficiency in Dutch
• a strong commitment to the values of diversity and inclusiveness as an intrinsic element of professional relationships in academia.
The University of Groningen offers depending on academic record and experience, a salary € 5,059 to € 6,438 gross per month (scale 14), based on 38 hours per week. UFO profile: Associate Professor 1. The Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. An appointment of 0.6-1.0 FTE is offered of which Academic Director tasks will constitute 0.1 FTE and research time max. 40 % of the total position. Additional Teaching tasks complete the position.
A temporary contract for one year will be offered, with the possibility of tenure.
How to apply
You may apply for this position until 27 May 23.59 h / before 28 May 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Prof. H. van Ees, Dean UCG
Prof. M.M.T. A. Brus, Head of Department Social Sciences