Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics established the Hermine Weijland Fellowship in 2017 with the aim of attracting and promoting …
The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology ICS offers fully funded PhD positions for a variety of projects. The PhD candidates will be appointed for a three or four-year period, with a formal evaluation at the end of the first year. In this period the gr
The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology ICS offers fully funded PhD positions for a variety of projects. The PhD candidates will be appointed for a three or four-year period, with a formal evaluation at the end of the first year. In this period the graduates will work on their individual project, leading to a doctoral dissertation.
The program (fully taught in English) will start September 1st, 2018
Excellent candidates who recently graduated or will graduate shortly in Sociology are invited to apply. Graduates in Psychology, Educational Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related disciplines are also encouraged to apply.
We offer, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, a salary of € 2,222 gross per month in the first year up to € 2,840 gross per month in the fourth year based on a full-time position. For information about employment conditions in Dutch universities please consult this: https://www.labouragreementuniversities.nl/
Tution fees do not apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in one of the PhD positions, you may apply until May 14th, 2018 23:59 Dutch local time, by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
You need to upload the following documents (in pdf):
- a cover letter explaining your motivation (including the motivation for applying at the ICS and an explanation why you consider yourself as a suitable candidate for the preferred project(s)
- detailed Curriculum Vitae, including relevant extra-curricular activities and work experience
- 'extra attachment' - copies of diplomas, a list of your courses taken, and grades obtained, and a proof of ability to communicate and write in English (one pdf)
- 'extra attachment (2)' - contact information of two references
- 'extra attachment (3)' - a copy and the title of your master’s thesis (or an unfinished version).
Interviews will be conducted on June 4th and June 5th, 2018 in Utrecht.
Please note that skype interviews on May 23th, 2018 could be part of the selection procedure.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Extensive information on the ICS and the available PhD positions