4 dagen geleden - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam - Amsterdam
Interesse? Kijk snel verder
- Europaboulevard, Sittard, Limburg
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Sabic located in Sittard/Geleen has a vacancy for a
Set-up in September 2008, SABIC’s Global Tax department is an integral part of SABIC Corporate Finance.
The Global Tax department partners with SABIC’s international business and functional operations globally, covering +50 countries and +130 companies in Middle East and Africa, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Americas and is responsible for SABIC’s overall tax compliance and planning.
The department consists of a global virtual team of approximately 75 people, which are based in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Netherlands, The United States, China, Singapore, India, Brazil, Spain and the United Kingdom.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Pro-actively advices and supports (senior) management on European VAT aspects of business decisions;
- Manages and supports VAT planning strategies and implementation thereof;
- Identifies and manages VAT risks and opportunities;
- Continuously monitors and assesses the relevance of changes in VAT legislation;
- Provides training and awareness within the organization on relevant VAT topics;
- Monitors and assists in internal and external VAT audits;
- Participates in cross-region, cross-functional projects to preserve an optimal VAT outcome and ensure regulatory compliance;
- Manages and supports implementation of processes and procedures that continuously improve the sustainable efficiency and effectiveness of SABIC's VAT position;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, Tax Authorities, third party advisors and external auditors.
- Masters level (Tax Law or Economics) with 8+ years of working experience in VAT;
- Strong and up to date knowledge of EU VAT;
- Knowledge to translate VAT rules to operational activities;
- Relevant experience within an EU VAT environment, preferably a combination of industry and Big 4 experience;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Familiar with ERP systems (preferably SAP);
- Strong influencing skills and high adaptability and cultural awareness;
- Good business understanding and knowledge with global outlook;
- Strong project management skills and analytical thinking;
- Independent and highly self-motivated;
- Willing to do some travel domestically and internationally.
This is a full time job with main location in Sittard. However, travel to other relevant locations in the Netherlands and abroad may be required.
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Corporate Recruiter, tel +31(0)646103085.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply please send your CV and motivation letter via our online application page, by clicking on the apply button.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.