9 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TU Delft) - Delft
Project Manager Entrepreneurial Hub
Are you looking for a challenging role and up for a new adventure?
- Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- WO, Postdoctoraal
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
Are you looking for a challenging role and up for a new adventure? Move to Sierra Leone, and develop and run the daily operations of an entrepreneurial hub programme.
Aurora has been supporting various projects in Sierra Leone over the past 10 years and are now looking for a Project Manager to develop and run an Entrepreneurial Hub programme in Freetown.
This is how you handle our day-to-day operations as a Project Manager Entrepreneurial Hub
The aim of our new project is to give entrepreneurs and small companies a creative environment where they have access to good facilities, mentors and a place to network; to help them grow and work towards their business ideas and goals. As a Project Manager, you are part of the Management Board of the Hub and you run the Entrepreneurial Centre in Sierra Leone on behalf of the Aurora Foundation. You will be paramount in the selection of candidates to take part in the programme.
Although it can be challenging to motivate people to show up on time and be dedicated, to grow a network, to handle electricity power cuts and to deal with different cultures, you are signing up for a great adventure. It is up to you to oversee, manage and run the programme for young entrepreneurial people from Sierra Leone.
What your job as a Project Manager Entrepreneurial Hub entails:
- Providing detailed information about establishing and executing the programme, including outlining the handholding and support for entrepreneurs.
- Smoothly organising, running and hosting (ICT) courses, seminars and empowerment talks, including hiring teachers, doing recommendations for talks and seminars, and finding the right people to present, advertise and execute.
- Liaising with other start-ups and entrepreneurial centres in Freetown to create an ecosystem our centre can benefit from.
- Finding suitable local and international mentors for setting up a mentorship programme for the entrepreneurs.
- Managing other staff that will handle the daily operations of our Hub programme.
Our ideal Project Manager Entrepreneurial Hub? Someone who is independent and self-supportive.
It is essential that you know how to assist start-up companies. You are a leader who knows how to run a business and how to communicate effectively with different parties. You have extremely good interpersonal skills and can draw on your own network to find mentors for our programme. Since our support team is small, you need to be independent and self-supportive, and be able to take initiative, adjust quickly and cope with the odds, difficulties and a heavy workload.
You tick all of the following boxes:
- A master’s degree in business
- Experience with working with start-up companies
- The ability and experience to work with young entrepreneurs
- Fluency in the English language, both verbal and written
- Willing to relocate to Sierra Leone for the job
You help the local people to take control of their own future.
Being a Project Manager at the Aurora Foundation is a rewarding experience: you will not only gain experience in running an entrepreneurial centre, but you will also learn from other projects run by our foundation and build connections with interesting people across many different cultural groups. We help you develop both on personal and professional levels, and offer you a unique opportunity to work in a developing country.
We also offer you:
- A competitive salary and 25 holidays per year
- Housing allowance including security
- Home leave: 2 return flights paid by the Aurora Foundation
- A visa, a residence permit and medical insurance covered by the Aurora Foundation
Are you the Project Manager Entrepreneurial Hub that ensures our centre is in good working condition each day?
Sign up with us: apply directly and tell us how you would handle the daily running of our centre. Click on the ‘Apply’ button and join our team.
About the Aurora Foundation
We are a non-profit foundation that aims to be a dynamic catalyst in development and culture, by executing projects that provide a robust and permanent boost to communities. Our projects include educational, job creation and empowerment aspects.
Agency calls are not appreciated
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 625 million Euros, Samskip is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 24 countries in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1400 people in total.