Bedrijfsarts / Occupational Health Physician
Interesse? Kijk snel verder
- Tankweg, Vondelingenplaat Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Combine your passion for empowering people and business to thrive through demonstration of mindset and behaviours associated with Human Performance and Care (HP&C). This dynamic role will see you playing a vital part in Shell’s success and safety record. With every opportunity to develop professionally and stretch your skills within a global company.
Where you fit
As an Occupational Health Physician (OHP), you’ll be a key part of our multidisciplinary Health team, consisting of industrial hygienists, occupational health nurses, doctor’s assistants, administrative support and team lead. Our Health team in The Netherlands is spread over 7 locations and consists of production, research and office locations. you will collaborate with colleagues across these locations on continuous improvement and efficient delivery of health agenda and agreed services.
Working in close collaboration with your team lead on interfaces with HSE and HR, you will ensure that Health is on site agenda with the aim of improving site health and safety performance, engagement, attraction and retention of staff.
What’s the role?
You will provide professional, efficient, customer-focused, customer-friendly and (cost-)effective broad occupational health support (including Fitness to Work, Medical Surveillance and medical absence management) to operational manufacturing sites and / or office locations in The Netherlands.
As an OHP, you’ll play a vital part as our advisor on and contributor to health standards, health risks and improvement opportunities associated with business activities.
You will act as Health focal point for specific projects and contribute to development and delivery of an implementation plan around our program on Human Performance and Care.
Besides this, your accountabilities will be to
- Define and deliver services as described in year plan
- Have single point accountability for effective, efficient and appropriate provision of broad occupational health services with specific emphasis on medical absence management and as per Shell Health yearly priorities.
- Contribute to continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness through adoption of new technology and communication innovations
- Manage and facilitate health improvements and interactions with e.g. external local health practitioners, providers and stakeholders
- Support the team lead in providing health input for tactical direction and support for Human Performance & Care
- In collaboration with team lead, interact with HR and HSE on the contribution of Health in HR and HSE processes
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team,
- Located at one or more of our locations in The Netherlands
What we need from you
You’ll call on at least 5 years post-certification experience as occupational health physician with experience in working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
In your resume we hope to find evidence of excellent leadership and proven change management skills.
Your strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the professional and personal stature to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, incl. senior management, staff council, contractors, other health and HSE professionals, and stakeholders such as health authorities, NGO’s and local communities will help you to thrive in this position.
Beyond that, we’re keen to hear from men and women that are competent in project management and have a sound knowledge of (occupational) and environmental health issues, relevant to the customer base, as well as a sound knowledge of worker welfare and Human Performance & Care.
You’ll have a registration in Occupational Health, a strong customer focus and are fluent in Dutch and English.
What do we offer you?
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.