Associate Commodity Trader
Associate Commodity Trader
Fulltime | Zwijndrecht
Have you recently graduated or do you have max 5 years’ of experience within commodity trading? Eager to learn more about a diversified and challenging job in the field of trading and sales, procurement, risk management and market analysis? Then we are looking for you, a self-motivated team player! Welcome to Sime Darby Oils….
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- HBO, WO
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
Sime Darby Oils (SDO) is an international trader and processor of vegetable oils and fats for the food, animal feed and the technical industries in Europe, Africa and Asia. As part of Sime Darby Plantation, we have a global reputation for being a leader in our field and a history of innovation, leading sustainability credentials and a world class customer base. Sime Darby Plantation is the world’s largest producer of certified sustainable palm oil and our SDO portfolio in Europe includes all the major oils and fats types. Our European footprint includes refining and modification operations in Zwijndrecht, Netherlands and Liverpool, UK. The current sales activities and product range penetrate the entire European market place and the major food sectors including bakery, margarine, dairy, confectionary and frying.
You will be part of the Trading, Shipping Logistics and Trade Administration team (around 10 colleagues) which is based in our European head office in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands, with satellite offices in Liverpool, the UK and Singapore.
What does your job as an Associate Commodity Trader entail?
You will support SDOE’s commodity trading, raw material procurement and market risk management activities:
- Execute physical commodity trades, paper trades/hedging and transact exchange traded instruments (futures, options, swaps);
- Execute currency hedges and manage FX exposures;
- Ensure contract and other trade details are accurately entered into the Group’s contract management system (CxC/SAP);
- Liaise with the Contract Management team to ensure accurate post-trade execution, tradedocumentation (confirmations, tenders, bills of lading), discharge surveys, RSPO PalmTrace input and management;
- Assist with managing the sales program for acid oils/PFAD;
- Comply with Group Trading policies (including with respect to exposure limits).
Raw Material Procurement
- Physical pipeline management for the Group’s European refineries (Zwijndrecht and Liverpool);
- Liaising with the internal planning team to ensure efficient logistics and storage of raw materials.
Market Risk Management
- Update and maintain reports for Group reporting purposes;
- Includes: Exposure and position reporting, Trading P&L reporting, Valuation / Mark-to-Market of positions, Value-at-Risk calculations, Price/FX setting for sales margin pre-calculation.
Commodity Market Trends and Developments
- Monitoring of external commodity market trends and developments.
What are your capabilities as an Associate Commodity Trader?
- Minimum undergraduate degree in business administration, sciences, mathematics, economics, international trade or similar;
- 1-2 years of experience in commodities industry (sales, marketing, trading, business administration);
- Understanding of physical commodity trade execution and documentation;
- Knowledge of relevant trade rules and regulations (such as FOSFA/NOFOTA rules, Incoterms and food safety regulations applicable to bulk oil shipments);
- Knowledge of SAP, Excel and trade administration systems;
- Understanding of commodity and freight markets;
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken). Other languages would be an advantage.
Besides these we are looking for someone who is: self-motivated, business acumen, problem solving with excellent communication and team skills.
What does Sime Darby Oils have to offer you?
If you want to make an impact and like challenge, you can indulge yourself in this role: there is variety of goods and services to be sourced and freedom to execute the sourcing process and contract implementation. Despite being part of a company that is active in 17 countries with more than 100,000 employees, the head office in Zwijndrecht has an informal atmosphere.
In addition to an attractive salary, 1 year contract, depending on knowledge and experience, you shall benefit from our excellent fringe benefits, such as 30 vacation days, a result-dependent bonus scheme. Naturally, this also includes all standard matters such as travel expenses.
Do you like to know more about this opportunity? Contact Natalie Backx, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com or apply directly via the application button.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Associate Commodity Trader, fulltime, Zwijndrecht, HBO, business administration, sciences, mathematics, economics, international trade, commodities industry, sales, marketing, trade rules, commodity trade execution, SAP, Excel, English, experienced