Leeuwendaal zoekt voor Elan Wonen een manager Financiën en Organisatie. Een inspirerende manager en directielid die naast Financiën ook sterk de focus heeft op…
Deputy Executive Director
Smart Freight Centre (SFC) is looking for a Deputy Executive Director motivated to advance our global organisation as an authority on green freight and logistics. The Deputy Executive Director is responsible for organizing SFC service delivery and managing the team.
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 10-15 jaar
Smart Freight Centre (SFC) was established in 2013 as a global non-profit organization to lead the way to a more efficient and environmentally sustainable global freight sector. We focus on multinational companies because we believe that they can drive change at scale due to their extensive logistics supply chains. Their motivation is to reduce costs, increase compliance and gain competitive advantage.
SFC empowers leading companies to calculate and reduce emissions and recognizes them for their achievements as ‘Smart Freight Leaders’. Together with leading companies, their partners and other key stakeholders we developed and tested products that meet business needs. The first is a universal method for companies to calculate and report their carbon footprint consistently across the global logistics supply chain. The second is a training course for fleet managers of road freight carriers that are subcontracted by these multinationals and who are critical to realize emissions and cost reductions.
SFC is now ready to go to market to achieve at scale emission reductions. This requires three shifts:
• Gradual increase in revenue generation from customers, while recognizing that SFC will continue to rely on core grants and project grants/funding from foundations and other funders
• Continuing to engage leading multinationals and key stakeholders, but in parallel develop a pool of accredited or licensed partners to penetrate the market with our services
• Organize SFC’s team and processes in a more business-oriented / customer-centric way.
We are looking for a Deputy Executive Director to help realize this.
• Manage our team of professionals in a globally active organization stationed in multiple countries
• Translate market needs to SFC services, negotiate and close contractual agreements
• Oversee that SFC programs are well aligned with SFC services
• Ensure that business processes are in place and effective
• Be part of the management team, deputize for the Executive Director as required
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Manager, with demonstrated experience in leading a small team of professionals, ideally in start-ups
• Commercial sense and experienced in the legal and financial aspects of different type of agreements
• Previous exposure to businesses, including multinationals
• Results-driven, solutions-oriented and ability to organize
• Experience with developing business processes in a scaling organization
• Team player with ability to motivate and manage people
Smart Freight Centre (SFC) was established in 2013 as a global non-profit organization to lead the way to a more efficient and environmentally sustainable global freight sector.
We focus on multinational companies because we believe that they can drive change at scale due to their extensive logistics supply chains. Their motivation is to reduce costs, increase compliance and gain competitive advantage.