3 dagen geleden - VodafoneZiggo | Maastricht - Maastricht
Corporate Business Controller
Work is changing. That is why Staples is changing too. They know that the right space will help you to make a difference every day. And they know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works. They also know that the right person can make a difference. And for our client we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
We welcome your online application before Friday 13 March and ask you to enclose your CV and a cover letter, explaining your motivation for the role. An employment screening and assessment can be part of the selection process.
- Hoogoorddreef, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 10-15 jaar
As Corporate Business Controller you work for a dynamic and ambitious organization. You will report to the Head of Financial Planning & Reporting. As a senior finance business partner you will work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO).
You will advise and support the Finance Directors of the operating companies and the CCO on all finance related matters and support executive management in making the right decisions. You will help drive the business by steering on the appropriate KPI’s and assist local operations where necessary.
- Understanding and analysing the actual and projected performance of the operating companies
- Challenge operating companies on budgets and business targets + challenge procedures
- Analyse monthly financial reporting of the operating companies to update the Executive team
- Interface with operating company management teams
- Interface between operating companies and Corporate Departments on areas like Tax, Treasury and Strategy, M&A/Divestments
- Advise and support the Finance Directors of the operating companies on all finance related matters
- Manage and participate in acquisition projects (e.g. due diligence)
- Implement and support Group initiatives
- Be recognized as strategic partner
You are an experienced Corporate Business Controller with a powerful business partner attitude that possesses very good analytical and strong communication skills. You have the ability to create working relationships at all levels. You like to interact with senior management on tactical decision preparation. Above all, you want to make a real difference by being an independent, proactive and strong business partner for the local business units and the Executive team.
Key attributes for the right candidate
- Feels at ease in an international and fast-paced environment
- Is a self-starter who takes initiative and has the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Is accurate, “always checks, never assumes”, ensures ‘sanity checks’ and is well prepared
- Result oriented with a constant drive to continuously improve business results
- Structured and organized, works transparently, delivers work on time and according to specifications
- Excellent project management skills
- Intercultural awareness
Which skills and experience do you bring?
- Advanced controlling experience (10 years) in preferably an international environment
- A Master in Finance, Business Economics or a similar degree
- Proven track record of analytical capabilities
- Proactive and independent
- Strong communication skills
- Ambitious and willing to travel up to 10-15% (in Europe)
- Hands-on mentality and flexibility
- Fluent in English
You will be based at the international headquarters in Amsterdam and be part of a dynamic team where you can make a difference and will be given the opportunity to develop yourself. Staples believes in empowering their employees with work that is fast-paced and challenging with lots of opportunities to learn and develop. You will be part of an international team that respects each other’s values and is committed to make more happen.
Additionally, they offer:
- Competitive salary
- 37 days annual leave
- 8% holiday allowance
- Defined contribution pension scheme of which Staples contributes 75% of the premium
- Collective health insurance plan
- Company fitness plan
- Travel allowance and free onsite parking
As the leading provider of integrated solutions to small, mid-sized, and large businesses in Europe, Staples knows about work space. Staples is committed to create spaces that meet the diverse demands of today’s and tomorrow’s workplace, so you can make a difference every day. Their passionate and specialised experts are dedicated to help you get more out of the space where you work – whether it’s a home office or a city high-rise, a converted garage or a hot desk.
The right space has a substantial impact on how we feel in our daily lives. It connects us, inspires us to create, and make us feel alive. It renews us, and takes care of us, giving us the energy and confidence we need to do what we do. With a wide range of solutions that can be tailored to your needs, Staples will partner with you to make sure your space does all these things and more – because when your space works, everything works.
For a better understanding see: https://www.staples.eu/who-we-are/