Junior adviser Identity & Access
Would you like to play a role in bringing together national and international scientific communities by developing authentication and authorization solutions? …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3895 per maand
Would you like to play a role in bringing together national and international scientific communities by developing authentication and authorization solutions? Would you like to help make scientific research future-proof by enabling safe access to high-performance computing, data services, and other ICT solutions? SURFsara might just have the job for you!
What does this position entail?
We are looking for a talented graduate or junior who is as passionate about ICT as they are about science, and who is keen to jump on the opportunity to become a specialist in authentication and authorization infrastructure (AAI) – the technologies that manage digital identities and make sure that scientists from around the world can safely access the tools and services that they need to perform cutting-edge research.
As a junior advisor, you and your colleagues will contribute to the development of software infrastructure that let different research communities connect with SURFsara’s services. These services include the national supercomputer Cartesius and other high-performance computing environments, as well as research data services. You work closely together with the different research communities to understand their needs and pain points, conceive solutions, and test these through pilots and proof-of-concepts. And, of course, you help bring the best concepts to life in actual services that researchers all across the Netherlands – and beyond – will use.
At SURFsara, we love working for and with people. We believe that growth of our organization is only possible when IT professionals work closely together in teams that are closely linked to our research communities. We view AAI and security as important and interesting challenges and we enjoy taking them up, together with the scientific community.
What will you do?
- You will contribute to the development and implementation of facilities for the accessibility of SURF’s digital services in federative and distributed environments.
- You will work closely with scientific researchers. You understand their questions and needs concerning AAI and can translate those needs for SURFsara system experts and developers. Your proactive thinking will lead to innovation, improvements and/or development of new services.
- You will maintain relations with scientific researchers, research groups and supporting functions like IT departments. You help them make optimal use of the services that SURFsara offers.
- You will work with other SURFsara consultant to realize solutions, pilots and proof-of-concepts. You show initiative and display an entrepreneurial approach.
- You will develop code for pilots and proof-of-concepts. Often these will be about integrating different AAI solutions between infrastructures in a context where safety, scalability and performance are crucial.
- You will develop yourself into an AAI expert with broad and deep knowledge about modern AAI technologies, how these are used by research communities, and their pro’s and con’s.
- You are responsible for effective communication, both between the different teams within SURFsara as well as external, on a national and international level.
- You will participate, as an ambassador of SURFsara, in (inter)national projects for AAI.
What we ask
- We are looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial graduate or junior with 0-3 years’ work experience.
- You have an HBO or Academic diploma in an ICT-related field, preferably with a focus on Identity & Access Management or Security.
- Experience with programming (preferably Python) is essential, you also have good knowledge of Unix/Linux systems and webservers.
- You have gained some experience with modern authentication protocols and technologies in complex (e.g. distributed or federated) environments, like LDAP, OpenID Connect, or OAuth (2.0).
- You are able to translate needs to functional requirements and translate those requirements into technical requirements and implementation.
- Your communication skills are excellent. You speak and write fluent English.
- Science excites you, even though you are not doing the scientific research yourself.
- You have the ability and motivation to quickly develop yourself and adopt new knowledge fast.
What we offer
- Working and collaborating with passionate professionals in innovative teams
- Opportunity to develop yourself into a recognized AAI expert.
- The possibility to participate in national and international meetings and events.
- Initially the contract will be for one year, with the intension to extend to an indefinite contract.
- You will be appointed a full-time position, our contracts are based on 38-hours.
- Salary ranking in VSNU-scale (University Regulations) level 8/9 based on your knowledge and experience (max. €3.895, excluding 8% holiday allowance), based on a fulltime workweek.
- Fixed year-end bonus of 8,3%, 29 vacation days per year (based on a 38 hour work week)
- When working a 40-hour work week, due to 2 extra hours of work per week, the number of vacation days is extended by 12.
- A compensation for travel expenses that covers commuting up to 45 kilometers one way.
- Participation in the ABP pension fund, where approximately two thirds of the premium is paid by the employer.
- For more information about the position and application procedure, please contact the HR department, Kimberley Christ – Senior Recruiter (020-8001300)
- More information about working at SURFsara
- Employees about working at SURF
- More about the SURF-organization
- You must be able to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag/VOG) during your first month of employment.