1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Researcher in International Law
The institute invites applications for a Researcher in International Law, with a focus on international humanitarian law and legal aspects of countering …
- R. J. Schimmelpennincklaan, Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 4978 per maand
The institute invites applications for a Researcher in International Law, with a focus on international humanitarian law and legal aspects of countering terrorism. Full-time (38 hours per week)
available from 1 September 2019 to strengthen our research capacity in the Research Strand on ‘Human Dignity and Human Security in International and European Law’ and in the context of our Strategic Research Agenda.
As an early-career researcher, you are expected to:
- initiate, develop, coordinate and execute research projects, with a focus on international humanitarian law and legal aspects of countering terrorism, in collaboration with other Asser researchers and colleagues at ICCT;
- publish in the top international journals;
- contribute to the Asser research community;
- contribute to Asser’s knowledge dissemination activities;
- initiate, contribute to, and participate in ‘third stream money’ funded research projects and their acquisition.
- a completed PhD in international law;
- focus in past work on international humanitarian law and legal aspects of countering terrorism;
- a demonstrated track record of academic publications;
- enthusiasm to contribute to a stimulating research community;
- demonstrable organisational and communications skills;
- willingness to compete to attract external funding for research projects;
- fluency in English;
- fluency in Dutch is considered to be a big plus;
- an interest in international criminal law is considered to be a plus.
- The employee will be appointed at the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Law School, and seconded to the Asser Institute;
- This appointment will be originally on a temporary basis. Extension of the appointment is subject to satisfactory performance;
- Salary scale: 11 according to the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities (VSNU). Remuneration depends on the actual level of education, experience and knowledge with a maximum of € 4.978 gross per month based on a full time equivalent (38 hours). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end of year bonus.
Please submit, in one PDF file:
- a cover letter in which you explain your motivation, as well as a brief description of the sort of research you would be interested to pursue at Asser (with some indication of subject, context, method, etc.) within the context of the Asser Strategic Research Agenda;
- your CV;
- a sample work of maximum 25 pages (e.g. a published paper); and
- two letters of recommendation.
Applications not comprising all of the above will not be considered.
Your application must be submitted in English and addressed to Prof. Dr. Janne Nijman, Academic Director of the T.M.C. Asser Instituut.
Applications must be submitted before 1 May 2019.
Further information may be obtained from Dr Christophe Paulussen, Senior researcher and Research coordinator at email@example.com.
Acquisition for this job offer is not appreciated.