Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
6 Assistant Professors - Pioneering an Internet of Plants
6 Tenure track positions in: hydrologic sensing, plant instrumentation and phenotyping, miniaturized NMR, embedded antennas, circuit and system design, and …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
6 Tenure track positions in: hydrologic sensing, plant instrumentation and phenotyping, miniaturized NMR, embedded antennas, circuit and system design, and autonomous sensor systems
Do you want to collaborate in a national network of researchers within the Plantenna program? Can you help us to develop a research line in the field of autonomous sensor? Are you highly motivated to grow in a dynamic environment? Don't miss this job offer!
We are looking for 6 Assistant Professors (Tenure Track) for the Plantenna program within the framework of the ‘High Tech for a Sustainable Future’ call by the Netherlands’ four universities of technology (4TU), Wageningen University, University of Twente, TU Eindhoven and TU Delft.
The programme focusses on the research and development of novel autonomous technology that utilizes sensors for collecting information from plants about the condition of the crop, and the environment. Energy harvesting technology will allow autonomous operation. By developing wireless communication ICs and dedicated antennas, plants equipped with this technology will be linked in networks – an ‘internet of cyber plants’ – to deal with the intertwined problems of climate change, pollution and food shortages (https://www.4tu.nl/en/news/plantenna-en.pdf and http://www.4tu.nl/plantenna ).
Opportunity of an Assistant Professor:
- You can develop a research line in the field of autonomous sensor systems.
- You can collaborate in a 4TU wide network of researchers within the Plantenna programme.
- Within this programme, contribute to solutions for developing solutions for the intertwined problems of climate change, pollution and food shortages.
- You can conduct and lead research projects in this field.
- You can work on scientific and engineering challenges in close contact with both academic and industrial partners. Research innovative system concepts for improved fundamental scientific understanding and for novel applications that improve our world.
- Teach general and specialist courses at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels, and inspire students through instructing as well as post-graduate supervision.
- Participate in the acquisition of external research funding. Closely collaborate with the other members of the department and become an inspiring staff member.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world with your research as well as teaching on this state of the art technology?
You get a tenure track appointment, with the prospect of becoming a tenured assistant, associate or full professor. It offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path. During your career, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognized academic. We offer a structured career and personal development program designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible.
- Starting salary between €3475-€4757 gross per month based on your experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%; A robust pension scheme; Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal improvement programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly urged.
We stand for life science and technology. Education and research that matters. New technology which leads to change, innovation, and progress in society. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nation origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly encourage women to apply.
You can send a recent CV, letter of motivation and a publication list and send it by email to the relevant contact person. For general information, or help in guiding your application to the right contact person, you can email us at email@example.com. Closing dates for applications can be found at the detailed vacancy descriptions.