3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Academic positions in Economics (open rank, assistant of associate professor, in case of assistant professor: Tenure Track)
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) is looking for ambitious economists who are willing to work on and develop an academic career path in a vibrant academic community at TU Delft as a world leading engineering university.
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) plays an increasingly important role in research on economics and management of technology and innovation worldwide. The research of the ETI section covers a broad spectrum ranging from investigating economics of innovation processes in organisations to technology development in socio-technical systems, as well as empirical analysis on innovation performances at the macro-level. These research themes are funded through e.g. the Dutch Research Council (NWO), the European Framework Programs such as H2020 as well as private and public funders. The section also participates with the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Frugal Innovations aimed at technology and innovation development in low- and middle-income economies.
The teaching activities of ETI are in the bachelor program and the three master programs of the TPM faculty as well as in other engineering programs at Delft University of Technology. For more information see: ETI education.
The section ETI is part of the department of Values, Technology and Innovation (VTI) at the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management (TPM) at TU Delft.
Academic positions in Economics
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) offers positions for economists at the level of assistant professor (Tenure Track) and/or associate professor. The successful candidates are expected to perform academic research and contribute to a research team in economics applied to technological systems and infrastructures such as for example energy, health, water management, artificial intelligence and/or robotization. The section ETI is methodologically open and welcomes applications from candidates with diverse theoretical economic perspectives, e.g. though not exclusively institutional economics and/or international economics.
The successful candidate will also be involved in the teaching activities of the ETI section.
We are looking for ambitious academic economists that are expected to:
- Perform and publish research in high quality academic journals
- Contribute to a research team in the field of economics with an application to technological systems and infrastructures
- Acquire externally funded research projects
- Teach Master and Bachelor courses on economics
- Supervise BSc-, MSc- and PhD students
- Perform management tasks in the section ETI
The candidate should have:
- A PhD degree in economics
- Track record in academic research demonstrated by publications in international academic journals (required for associate professorship applicants, favourable for Tenure Track position applicants)
- Demonstrated experience with academic teaching in economics
- Demonstrated affinity with quantitative and/or relevant qualitative empirical methods in mainstream or institutional economics
- Demonstrated involvement in acquiring externally funded research projects (required for associate professorship applicants; favourable for Tenure Track position applicants)
- Interest in functioning and development of technological systems and infrastructures, from an economic and governance perspective
- Willingness to work in teams and in a multidisciplinary environment, with engineers and scholars in social sciences and humanities.
- A UTQ degree (University Teaching Qualification) or willingness to obtain this degree.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Command of the Dutch language is desirable, or a willingness to develop this, with support from the university.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. In the fifth year we’ll decide if you will be offered a permanent faculty position, based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment. We expect that you have the potential to grow towards an Associate Professor and/or Full Professor role in the future.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. We expect you to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within three years if you have less than five years of teaching experience. This is provided by the TU Delft UTQ programme.
TU Delft sets high standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. If you do not speak Dutch, we offer courses to learn the Dutch language within three years.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
- Fulltime, salary scale 11-12: €3.746,-- to € 5.826,-- per month gross (assistant professor position)
- Salary scale 13-14: € 5.190,-- to € 6.940,-- per month gross (associate professor position)
- Intended starting date: March 1st, 2022
For more information about this position, please contact: prof.dr. C.P. van Beers (email@example.com) or Dr. A.F Correlje (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interviews with selected candidates will take place in October - November 2021 either off-line or online.