Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Assist./Assoc. Professor in Data Fusion for Intelligent Vehicles
The Cognitive Robotics department at TU Delft seeks to fill a faculty position in the area of data fusion for intelligent vehicles at the level of Assistant …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3545 - € 6567 per maand
The Cognitive Robotics department at TU Delft seeks to fill a faculty position in the area of data fusion for intelligent vehicles at the level of Assistant (tenure-track) or Associate Professor (tenured). The position covers multi-modal sensor processing (e.g. vision, radar, lidar, GNSS/I NS) for on-board environment perception and localization/mapping, in complex and dynamic environments (e.g. urban traffic). Specific topics of interest include:
- Object detection (position, pose and shape estimation);
- Environment representation (e.g. sensor-level, grid-level, object-level);
- Multi-target tracking;
- Vehicle localization and 3D mapping;
- Distributed sensing;
- Life-long mapping of large scale environments;
- Statistical methods and machine learning;
- Deep learning for heterogeneous and temporal data fusion.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline. Experience in robotics and/or intelligent vehicles is an asset;
- Experience as a Post-Doc/Assistant Professor;
- Excellent track record in scientific research, as evident from publications in top-tier conferences and journals;
- Proven ability to provide inspiring teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (in English);
- High motivation to pursue and establish an own research direction within an interdisciplinary environment;
- Organizational and managerial skills to interact and cooperate effectively with staff and other research institutes and organizations, including industry;
- Experience in the acquisition of external funding.
A tenure track position is offered for a maximum of six years. Tenure Track is a process leading up to a permanent appointment with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor. During the Tenure Track, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognised academic. To support that, we offer a structured career and personal development programme, which accounts for individual needs and preferences. For more information about the tenure track and the personal development programme, please visit www.tudelft.nl/tenuretrack.
Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made at the end of the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position.
The salary for a Tenure Track (Assistant Professor) position is min. €3.545 to max. €5.513 per month gross.
For exceptionally strong candidates, a shortened tenure track period or Associate Professor position can be considered.
For an Associate Professor position different terms of employment apply. Depending on background and experience, the salary can range from min. €4.911 to max. €6.567 per month gross.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. The TU Delft offers trainings to improve English and Dutch language competencies.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. D.M. Gavrila (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please submit (in one single PdF file):
- a motivation letter,
- a detailed CV,
- a research and teaching statement,
- electronic copies of your top three publications, and
- contact data of three references.
Applications should be submitted to Application-3mE@tudelft.nl, referring to vacancy number 3mE18-60 in the subject of the email. Application deadline is 15 October 2018.